Hatter Saturday is THE event for accepted students and is the beginning of your journey as a student at Stetson University. It's a day of a fun and learning for both parents and students.
Hatter Saturday is April 18, 2015.
Registration will be available soon.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admission at 800-688-0101 or email@example.com.
Questions? Ask StetsonAdmission on Facebook or @StetsonAdmit or tag #VisitStetson on Twitter. Use the #VisitStetson hashtag while taking pictures throughout Hatter Saturday to enter Stetson's "New Hatter Pic of the Day" contest and other fun activities on social media!
Last Year's Schedule
8 - 9 a.m.
Registration and check-in at the Edmunds Center. Parking information is available online and through email. Please park at the lots with the stars marked over them. A reminder email will also be sent with this information.
9 - 9:30 a.m.
Opening Session - "Welcome to SU"
Wendy B. Libby, Ph.D., President of Stetson University
Feeding Children Everywhere
9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Community-Engaged Learning Activity: Feeding Children Everywhere
- The last two years, Hatter Saturday attendees made over 40,000 meals for hungry children in Central Florida and Nicaragua. In 2012, attendees made over 26,000 meals. Take a look at the 2012 Feeding Children Everywhere video to learn more about the Feeding Children Everywhere activity.
The Stetson Experience: Resources and Services with a Personal Touch
Christopher Kandus-Fisher, Vice-President of Student Affairs
Rosalie Carpenter, Dean of Students
10:45 - 11:45 a.m.
Stetson: Success and Significance
Dr. Beth Paul, University Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Dr. Lua Hancock, Assistant Provost for Student Success
Noon - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch and free time to complete the New Hatter Checklist, tour residence halls and learn more about the Stetson community.
1:30 - 2:15 p.m.
Departmental Information Sessions
Stetson Parents Association information session
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Closing reception at the President's Home
All Day Events
Stetson All Access Room will be open from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. for students to complete the New Hatter Checklist and learn more about the Stetson community.
- Army ROTC
- Bursar's Office
- Career Development and Academic Advising
- Community Engagement
- Dining Services
- Diversity and Inclusion
- FOCUS Orientation and Hatter Treks
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- Law School and Graduate Programs
- Office of Student Financial Planning -- Schedule an appointment with our financial aid staff during check-in.
- Stetson ID - Faculty Lounge
- Student Involvement
- Student Success and the Academic Success Center
- WORLD: The David and Leighan Rinker Center for International Learning
- Open house hours and tours:
- Wellness and Recreation: Hollis Center 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Library: duPont-Ball Library 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Stetson One Stop (Office of Student Financial Planning and the Office of the Bursar): Griffith Hall 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Office of Admissions - Griffith Hall: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Stetson University Bookstore: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Starbucks Coffee - Carlton Union Building: 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Other events TBD