Hatter Saturday is THE event for accepted students and is the beginning of your journey as a student at Stetson University. It's a day of a fun and learning for both parents and students.
Hatter Saturday is April 18, 2015. RSVP Now
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admission at 800-688-0101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Ask StetsonAdmission on Facebook or @StetsonAdmit or tag #VisitStetson on Twitter. Use the #VisitStetson hashtag while taking pictures throughout Hatter Saturday to enter Stetson's "New Hatter Pic of the Day" contest and other fun activities on social media!
Last Year's Schedule
8 - 9 a.m.
Registration and check-in at the Edmunds Center. Parking information is available online and through email. Please park at the lots with the stars marked over them. A reminder email will also be sent with this information.
9 - 9:30 a.m.
Opening Session - "Welcome to SU"
Wendy B. Libby, Ph.D., President of Stetson University
Feeding Children Everywhere
9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Community-Engaged Learning Activity: Feeding Children Everywhere
- The last two years, Hatter Saturday attendees made over 40,000 meals for hungry children in Central Florida and Nicaragua. In 2012, attendees made over 26,000 meals. Take a look at the 2012 Feeding Children Everywhere video to learn more about the Feeding Children Everywhere activity.
The Stetson Experience: Resources and Services with a Personal Touch
Christopher Kandus-Fisher, Vice-President of Student Affairs
Rosalie Carpenter, Dean of Students
10:45 - 11:45 a.m.
Stetson: Success and Significance
Dr. Beth Paul, University Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Dr. Lua Hancock, Assistant Provost for Student Success
Noon - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch and free time to complete the New Hatter Checklist, tour residence halls and learn more about the Stetson community.
1:30 - 2:15 p.m.
Departmental Information Sessions
Stetson Parents Association information session
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Closing reception at the President's Home
All Day Events
Stetson All Access Room will be open from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. for students to complete the New Hatter Checklist and learn more about the Stetson community.
- Army ROTC
- Bursar's Office
- Career and Professional Development
- Community Engagement
- Dining Services
- Diversity and Inclusion
- FOCUS Orientation and Hatter Treks
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- Law School and Graduate Programs
- Office of Student Financial Planning -- Schedule an appointment with our financial aid staff during check-in.
- Stetson ID - Faculty Lounge
- Student Involvement
- Student Success and the Academic Success Center
- WORLD: The David and Leighan Rinker Center for International Learning
- Open house hours and tours:
- Wellness and Recreation: Hollis Center 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Library: duPont-Ball Library 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Stetson One Stop (Office of Student Financial Planning and the Office of the Bursar): Griffith Hall 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Office of Admissions - Griffith Hall: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Stetson University Bookstore: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Starbucks Coffee - Carlton Union Building: 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Other events TBD