Gas Leak, Fumes and Vapors
If you are in danger or feel threatened, call 911 or contact Campus Public Safety
If you detect natural gas, fumes or vapors:
- Call Campus Public Safety to report the situation.
- Clear the area immediately, if instructed to do so by the emergency dispatcher, providing assistance to those with special needs.
- Provide your location and the location of the odor to the dispatcher.
- Provide as many details as possible to the dispatcher.
If a building or area evacuation is ordered by emergency responders:
- Leave all ventilation systems operating, unless instructed otherwise by emergency responders.
- Leave the area immediately, avoiding the use of elevators unless necessary.
- Identify those persons with special needs, and provide assistance if possible. Otherwise, provide their location to emergency responders.
- Report to your department's designated gathering point to be accounted for.