Judith A. Burnett
Associate Professor of Counselor Education
Burnett's professional experience includes more than 20 years in community mental health, private practice, college counseling centers, corrections and psychiatric hospitals.
- PhD, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- MS, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- A.B., Brown University
- Foundations of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Sexuality Counseling
- Clinical Mental Health Practicum
- Internship I
- Internship II
- Counseling in a Community Setting
- Individual, Marital and Family Psychopathology and Psychotherapy
Areas of Expertise
Judy Burnett joined the Stetson faculty in 1999 and coordinates the clinical mental health counseling program. Her professional experience includes more than 20 years in community mental health, private practice, college counseling centers, corrections and psychiatric hospitals. Her current clinical specialty is reproductive health and infertility. Burnett has co-authored one book (Sexuality Counseling) and has had articles published on infertility, sexuality, multicultural issues in counseling, and service-learning. She also has presented at state, national and international conventions. Professional memberships include ACA, ACES, APA and ASRM.
- Psychological and counseling considerations in reproductive health and infertility
- Burnett, J.A. (2009). "Cultural considerations in counseling couples who experience infertility." Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 37(3), 166-177.
- Burnett, J.A. and Panchal K. (2008) "Incorporating ideological context in counseling couples experiencing infertility: Strength-based approaches." Journal of Humanistic Counseling, Education, and Development. 47, 187-199.
- Long, L.L., Burnett, J.A., and Thomas, R.V. (2006). "Sexuality Counseling: An Integrative Approach." Prentice Hall.
- Burnett, J.A. (2005). "Use of assisted reproductive technology and gay and lesbian couples: What counselors need to know." Journal of GLBT Issues in Counseling, 1(1), 115-123.