Academic Program - The Hague, Netherlands
The Hague program contains four separate one-credit hour courses. Classes will meet during the mornings, Monday-Thursday, leaving afternoons and three-day weekends free for travel and other activities. All course instructions will be in English.
This summer study abroad program has been approved by the American Bar Association.
The Hague program includes the following modules.
- International Litigation: Current Issues (Paul Lund, Charleston)
- International Negotiation (James Sheehan, Stetson)
- International IP ADR (Darryl C. Wilson, Stetson)
- Rights of Artists in the U.S., U.K., and E.U. (Sue Liemer, Elon)
- War Crimes and International Courts (Peter Margulies, Roger Williams)
- US & International Illicit Drug Policy (Taleed El-Sabawi, Elon)
- Comparative Criminal Procedure (Mark Dobson, Nova)
- Comparative Litigation: Free Speech Issues (Diane Hassel, Roger Williams)
See Courses for a more complete description of the classes offered this summer.
Classes will be held at the Institute for Social Studies (ISS) in The Hague, Netherlands. The administrative office of the resident directors for the program is located nearby the classroom.