About Stetson Law
Stetson is ranked #3 in trial advocacy and #3 in legal writing by U.S. News & World Report (2023)
Fully accredited by the American Bar Association and Association of American Law Schools.
As Florida's first law school, Stetson has educated outstanding lawyers, judges and community leaders for more than a century.
Stetson University College of Law is an active part of the Tampa Bay metro area, with its main law campus in Gulfport/St. Petersburg and a satellite center in Tampa. The law school is a part of Stetson University, with a College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business Administration, and School of Music in DeLand.
Stetson at a Glance
Ranked #3 for trial advocacy and #3 for legal writing by U.S. News & World Report
- Main law campus in Gulfport/St. Petersburg with satellite center near downtown Tampa
- Talented, accessible faculty who excel in their fields
- State-of-the-art library and classrooms
- Seven courtrooms
- One of few U.S. law schools to share space with a working court, Florida's Second District Court of Appeal
- The first law school in Florida to require pro bono service by students and faculty
- Excellent career development and bar preparation services
- Home to four academic journals: Stetson Law Review, Journal of Aging Law & Policy, Journal for International Wildlife Law and Policy, and Stetson Journal of Advocacy and the Law
- Honors program for top-ranked students
- Nearly 40 student organizations
- National and world champion advocacy teams
- Vibrant campus life with diverse student organizations, interscholastic activities and competitions
Juris Doctor (J.D.)The Juris Doctor degree is a cornerstone of the legal profession and is required to practice law in Florida.
Dual and Joint DegreesJ.D./LL.M. in Advocacy, J.D./M.B.A., and J.D./M.I.E.B.L. in International Economic Law
LL.M. Degreesin advocacy, elder law and international law
M.J. Degreesin elder law, and healthcare compliance
Explore the sights and sounds of Stetson University College of Law's Gulfport and Tampa campuses.
Learn about the history of Stetson University College of Law.