Gulfport: 727-343-1262 / 24 Hours / 7 days a week
Tampa: 727-420-8868 / 6:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m./ 7 days a week /After-hours call 727-343-1262
The Stetson University College of Law Public Safety Department (PSD) staffs both the Gulfport and Tampa campuses. The PSD administrative office is located at 1219 61st Street S. on the Gulfport campus. The Public Safety office's regular business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. The office may be reached by dialing extension 37949 from any telephone within the College of Law telephone system or by dialing 727-343-1262 direct.
Emergency Phone Numbers
The Gulfport campus is staffed by PSD personnel 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including weekends and holidays.
A Gulfport Public Safety Officer may be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the following ways:
- Dial directly to 727-343-1262
- Use the call button outside the front door of the PSD office that connects to the officers' cell phone
- Use the phone in the main lobby by the ATM machine that connects directly to Public Safety
- Use the emergency call boxes located around the campus
The Gulfport Public Safety administrative office may be reached during business hours in the following ways:
- Dial directly to 727-343-1262 or by dialing extension 37949 within the campus phone system
- Use the PSD administration email – email@example.com, listed in the Global Address Book as “Public Safety Gulfport”
Please note that email is not monitored by PSD officers after business hours - Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.– 5 p.m.. To reach an officer after hours, call the 24-hour phone number 727-343-1252.
The Tampa Law Center (TLC) is staffed by PSD personnel seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, from 6:30 a.m.– 10:30 p.m. Public Safety officers at the Tampa Law Center may be reached during these open hours in the following ways:
- Dial directly to 727-420-8868 during open hours
- Use the emergency call box located at the west entry (near the Smith Courtroom) during open hours
- Dial 727-343-1262 during closed hours between 10:30 p.m.-6:30 a.m.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, call 911 if able to do so, and then call 727-343-1262 for Gulfport or 727-420-8868 for Tampa, (during open hours) or use emergency call boxes.
Emergency Call Boxes
There are 13 emergency call boxes, located as follows:
- North Library Parking Lot
- South Library Parking Lot
- Main Parking Lot
- New Main Parking Lot
- 13th Ave. Parking Lot
- Main Lobby
- Banyan Courtyard
- Weight Room / Pool Facility
- On Campus Laundry Facility
- Classroom Building – 2nd Floor Hallway
- Public Safety Office
- Rosa Apartments laundry facility, Rosa Apartments (Gulfport)
- West entry (near the Smith Courtroom), Tampa Law Center
These call boxes connect to the officer's hand-held radios. All units activate when the door is opened and a loud noise will sound. Follow the instructions posted inside the box. Only one person may speak at a time while using this system.