Gulfport: 1219 61st St. S./727-343-1262 / 24 Hours / 7 days a week
Tampa: 1700 N. Tampa St./727-420-8868 / 6:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m./ 7 days a week /After-hours call 727-343-1262
The Stetson University College of Law Public Safety Department (PSD) staffs both the Gulfport and Tampa campuses. TThe Public Safety Department's regular business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. The office may be reached by dialing extension 37949 from any telephone within the College of Law telephone system or by dialing 727-343-1262 direct.
Emergency Phone Numbers
The Gulfport campus is staffed by PSD personnel 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including weekends and holidays.
A Gulfport Public Safety Officer may be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the following ways:
- Dial directly to 727-343-1262
- Use the call button outside the front door of the PSD office that connects to the officers' cell phone
- Use the phone in the main lobby by the ATM machine that connects directly to Public Safety
- Use the emergency call boxes located around the campus
The Gulfport Public Safety administrative office may be reached during business hours in the following ways:
- Dial directly to 727-343-1262 or by dialing extension 37949 within the campus phone system
- Use the PSD administration email – [email protected], listed in the Global Address Book as “Public Safety Gulfport”
Please note that email is not monitored by PSD officers after business hours - Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.– 5 p.m.. To reach an officer after hours, call the 24-hour phone number 727-343-1252.
The Tampa Law Center (TLC) is staffed by PSD personnel seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, from 6:30 a.m.– 10:30 p.m. Public Safety officers at the Tampa Law Center may be reached during these open hours in the following ways:
- Dial directly to 727-420-8868 during open hours
- Use the emergency call box located at the west entry (near the Smith Courtroom) during open hours
- Dial 727-343-1262 during closed hours between 10:30 p.m.-6:30 a.m.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, call 911 if able to do so, and then call 727-343-1262 for Gulfport or 727-420-8868 for Tampa, (during open hours) or use emergency call boxes.
Emergency Call Boxes
There are 13 emergency call boxes, located as follows:
- North Library Parking Lot
- South Library Parking Lot
- Main Parking Lot
- New Main Parking Lot
- 13th Ave. Parking Lot
- Main Lobby
- Banyan Courtyard
- Weight Room / Pool Facility
- On Campus Laundry Facility
- Classroom Building – 2nd Floor Hallway
- Public Safety Office
- Rosa Apartments laundry facility, Rosa Apartments (Gulfport)
- West entry (near the Smith Courtroom), Tampa Law Center
These call boxes connect to the officer's hand-held radios. All units activate when the door is opened and a loud noise will sound. Follow the instructions posted inside the box. Only one person may speak at a time while using this system.