Transitioning from Student to Alum
As an active student, Stetson University provides you with a Microsoft 365 license enabling access to the full Office Suite, OneDrive, OneNote, Microsoft Teams, enhanced security protection through Defender ATP and many more services.
As you transition from student to alum, Stetson University is required to also update your license to reflect your status and stay within the Microsoft License Terms and Conditions.
Licenses are updated twice a year:
- Spring graduates, your license will transition to email only on September 1st.
- Fall graduates, your license will transition to email only on April 1st.
Your Alumni License will allow you to continue to use your @law.stetson.edu email address but will remove access to other services such as Office Suite, OneDrive, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams. Defender ATP will revert to standard protection.
If you are studying for the Bar exam, you will continue to have access to the Stetson Bar Prep portal, using your @law.stetson.edu email address. If you have any questions about the Bar Prep portal, please contact Academic Success and Bar Prep Services at [email protected].
Our system will automatically delete accounts after 24 months of inactivity. Password age is used to determine if an account has not been accessed. If you keep logging into your Stetson account, you can have your email address for life! However, if you lost access to your account, just contact us. Your account can be re-created at your request; however, your historical data (email) is unrecoverable.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I backup the files in my OneDrive cloud storage?
- We’ve built a short how-to here: How to Backup Your OneDrive Files
- I need access to the Office Suite and Services, what are my options?
- Microsoft is offering a special promotion to alums that allows you to pay just $12 for 12 months for the first year. Visit this page for information on the terms and conditions: Get Microsoft 365 Personal for $12 for 12 months (Limited time promotion from Microsoft)
- I purchased software from https://stetson.onthehub.com, do I get to keep it?
- Yes! Any software you purchased from OnTheHub belongs to you even after you become an alum.
- Can I connect to the wireless network after I become an alum?
- Eduroam and Student wireless networks are reserved for active students. If you need internet access, you will need to connect to our StetsonGuest network.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at [email protected] or call 727-562-7323.