LEAD Programs and Initiatives
LEAD offers a variety of leadership programs throughout the year to support the development and growth of students at Stetson University.
- What: Catalyst is a one-day program for students focused on learning to develop your own authentic path, connect to groups and causes you care about, and commit to a plan to be a catalyst for yourself and the groups you’re part of. This program is hosted by the non-profit group Leadershape on the Stetson campus.
- When: TBD
- Who: All Stetson Students
- More Info: Interested in registering today? Resources are available on the ULead Page
Daring to Lead
- What: Daring to Lead is a weekend-long retreat hosted for Stetson juniors to focus on leading through values, contributing to their community, and making a positive change that can last a lifetime. Students are selected for this retreat by various departments to represent their student leader groups and to help develop a community amongst these student leaders on campus.
- When: TBD
- Who: Junior/Sophomore student leaders nominated across campus
- What: Emerging Leaders is an 8-week program hosted by LEAD Team for sophomore students to explore leadership when working with others. Throughout this program, participants will be challenged to understand the needs of others and develop techniques to support those around them when leading.
- When: Fall semester
- Who: Upperclassmen interested in developing as a leader
- More Info: Interested in applying for Emerging Leaders? Resources are available on the ULead Page
Executive Round Table
- What: Executive Round Tables are open forums with speakers that are brought to campus to discuss how leadership got them to where they currently are in their career and how they continue to utilize leadership in their work. The speaker sets the stage with a short lecture and then the program transitions into an open forum for questions.
- When: Once a semester
- Who: Open to all members of the Stetson community
- More Info: The LEAD Instagram page will have the latest updates on when an Executive Round Table will happen on campus.
First Year Leadership Experience (FYLE)
- What: First Year Leadership Experience is an 8-week program for first-year students to explore their leadership skills and develop a plan to continue their leadership throughout their time at Stetson University. This program is led by LEAD Team facilitators and assistant facilitators and is focused on preparing students to become the future student leaders at Stetson University.
- When: Fall Semester
- Who: Students in their first year at Stetson University
- More Info: Interested in applying for First Year Leadership Experience? Resources are available on the ULead Page
- What: LEAD Team is a collective team of student leaders focused on developing, designing, and facilitating programs centered around furthering student leadership development at Stetson University. Through LEAD Team initiatives, we hope to strengthen Stetson students to be the leaders of tomorrow.
- When: LEAD Team is a yearlong commitment, hired during the fall semester, LEAD Team members serve in their role the following spring and fall semesters
- Who: Current First Year, Sophomore, and Junior students are welcome to apply to be part of LEAD Team for the upcoming year
- More Info: Learn more about LEAD Team online on the ULead Page
- What: LEAD Week is a compilation of programs and events through a week in the spring focused on promoting Leadership Development. Throughout this week, programs are hosted each day to provide students with various opportunities to explore leadership. The week includes Executive Round Table, ULead Fair, Career Fair, and other events led by students.
- When: October 22, 2018, through October 27, 2018
- Who: With a variety of programs, there is something for everyone to celebrate and grow as a leader here at Stetson University
- More Info: Learn about the variety of programs available this year soon
Leadership Resource Library
- What: The Leadership Resource Library is a collection of materials for students, faculty and staff members to use as they work to develop leadership skills or find ideas for icebreakers and team building exercises.
- When: Available all year
- Who: Open to all of the Stetson community
- More Info: The Leadership Resource Library page has more information on current team builders and the activity reservation form!
- What: Leadership Summit is a half-day leadership conference for Stetson students to explore and develop their leadership skills as they kick off the year ahead. This program is open to all student leaders and offers a variety of levels of leadership development.
- When: End of spring semester
- Who: Open to all students at Stetson University
Leading Beyond Stetson
- What: Leading Beyond Stetson is a campus partner program focused on supporting seniors as they begin their transition out of college in order to better support them in leadership experiences after Stetson. This program is in partnership with First Year and Transition, Career and Professional Development, and the Alumni Office.
- When: October 2018 and February 2019
- Who: Senior level students at Stetson University
- More Info: Register online through the ULead Page
Let's Do Lunch
- What: Let's Do Lunch is an open forum dedicated to an open discussion of women's leadership and various topics that can affect women as leaders.
- When: Monthly
- Who: Open to all faculty, staff and students in the Stetson community
- More Info: The LEAD Instagram page will have the latest updates on when Let's Do Lunch will happen on campus.
Omicron Delta Kappa
- What: Omicron Delta Kappa is a National Leadership Honor Society that established a circle at Stetson in 1953. This honor society recognizes juniors and seniors at Stetson that have positively contributed to the community and explored leadership in various ways across campus.
- When: Omicron Delta Kappa recruits new members in the fall and spring semesters
- Who: Juniors and Seniors that meet GPA requirements are eligible for membership
- More Info: The ULead Page will market when applications are available
- What: To help support leadership development through Strengths-Based learning, LEAD serves as a hub for strengths-based learning initiatives and provides presentations, resources, and codes to utilize Strengths learning across campus.
- More Info: Interested in booking a Strengths training? The Stetson DevelopED page has information to learn about presentations possible. Explore the Leadership Library to learn more about Strengths.
Student Leadership in Community Engagement (SLICE)
- What: Student Leadership in Community Engagement is an 8-week program for students to explore the impact that leadership makes in their community and ways to utilize and support the community through their work.
- When: Fall semester
- Who: All Stetson students are eligible to apply for the SLICE program
- More Info: Learn more about the program and apply today through the ULead Page.
Top Hatter Leadership Awards
- What: Top Hatter Leadership Awards is a calmative end of the year leadership banquet focused on celebrating and recognizing the leadership efforts of the Stetson community through remembrance of the past year and building excitement for what is ahead. During this event, faculty, staff, students, and organizations receive awards to acknowledge their work, these recipients are nominated by the community and selected by a committee.
- When: Last Tuesday of the spring semester
- Who: All Faculty, Staff, and Students at Stetson are eligible for nomination. To receive an invitation to this event, you must be a nominee or nominator for an award.
- More Info: The Top Hatter Leadership Awards page provides further details about this event
- What: ULead (Stetson’s Unified Leadership Applications) is an online website focused on marketing leadership opportunities across campus. This website markets the majority of student leadership roles on campus and provides a unified marketing approach to learning about leadership on campus.
- When: The ULead page is constantly updated with new leadership opportunities available at Stetson University.
- More Info: The Stetson ULead Page offers opportunities to learn about student leadership positions.