Academic Internship Course Registration: Faculty
To receive academic credit for an internship, students must enroll in the internship course offered by the academic department and complete the Academic Internship Course Registration, which is overseen by Career and Professional Development.
Initiate Academic Internship Course Registration
- Meet with the student to learn about the internship they have obtained and how it relates to their academics. The Internship Approval Criteria, developed by the Faculty Internship Council, provide a rubric for evaluating internship experiences eligible for academic credit. Faculty Internship Course Instructors may choose to utilize the Internship Pre-Approval Form (Fillable PDF) to gain specific information about the student's internship. If utilized, the information in this form may be useful to the student when they complete the Academic Internship Application in myStetson.
- If you determine that the student's experience meets your department's criteria for academic internships, log in to myStetson to submit a Permission of Instructor (PI) override to allow the student to register for the Academic Internship Course.
Finalize Academic Internship Course Registration
- Once a student had submitted their Academic Internship Application, you will receive an automatic email prompting you to log in to myStetson to review the application.
- Review and approve or deny the Academic Internship Application. If denied, you will be able to provide feedback to students on how to improve their applications. If approved, your Department Chair will receive a notification to review the student's application.
- Once the application has been approved by your Department Chair, you will receive an email prompting you to sign the Internship Learning Agreement. Note: The student and Internship Site Supervisor will also receive an email prompting them to sign the Learning Agreement.
- After the Faculty Internship Course Instructor has approved a student's Academic Internship Application, you will receive an automatic email prompting you to log in to myStetson to review the student's application.
- Review and approve or deny the Academic Internship Application.
Evaluations of academic internships are available for both students and internship site supervisors. These evaluations are provided as templates and can be customized per student, supervisor, and departmental needs.
- Stetson University Student Evaluation DOC | Fillable PDF
- Stetson University Site Supervisor Evaluation DOC | Fillable PDF
General Internship Information
If students have questions about internship course registration, please refer them to the Student Academic Internship webpage that outlines the steps they need to complete. Please refer students to the Finalize Internship Registration checklist within the OneStop Tab of their myStetson account to view the status of their digital paperwork.
All registration requirements must be completed by the Internship Registration Deadline for each semester, as noted on the Academic Calendar (DeLand Campus), or students risk being administratively withdrawn from their internship course.
For general questions, please contact Career and Professional Development at 386-822-7315 or email [email protected]. For specific questions regarding academic internships, please email Dr. Carolyn Meeker at [email protected].