Academic Internship Course Registration: Faculty
Faculty Internship Course Instructors: Please follow these steps when assisting students with registering for an academic internship course.
Initiate Academic Internship Course Registration
- Meet with the student to learn about their internship and how it relates to their academics. The Internship Approval Criteria, developed by the Faculty Internship Council, provide a rubric for evaluating internship experiences eligible for academic credit. Faculty Internship Course Instructors may choose to utilize the Internship Pre-Approval Form to gain specific information about the student's internship.
- If you determine that the student's experience meets your department's criteria for academic internships, log-in to MyStetson to submit a Permission of Instructor (PI) override to allow the student register for the academic internship course.
Finalize Academic Course Registration
- You will receive an automatic e-mail prompting you to login to MyStetson to review each student's Internship Application (includes learning objectives).
- Review and approve/deny the Internship Application. If denied, you will be able to provide feedback to students on how to improve their application. If approved, your Department Chair will receive a notification to review the student's application.
- After your Department Chair approves the application, you will receive an automatic e-mail prompting you to review and electronically sign the Internship Learning Agreement (also sent to student and internship site supervisor).
- After the Faculty Instructor has approved a student's Internship Application, you will receive an automatic e-mail prompting you to login to MyStetson to review each student's Internship Application (includes learning objectives).
- Review and approve/deny the Internship Application. If denied, you will be able to provide feedback to students on how to improve their application.
If students have questions about internship course registration, please refer them to the Student Academic Internship webpage that outlines the steps they need to complete. Please refer students to the Finalize Internship Registration checklist within the OneStop Tab of their MyStetson account to view the status of their digital paperwork.
All registration requirements must be completed by the Internship Registration Deadline for each semester, as noted on the Academic Calendar (DeLand Campus) or students risk being administratively withdrawn from their internship course.
For questions, please contact Career and Professional Development at 386-822-7315 or email@example.com.