Academic Internship Course Registration - Students
To receive academic credit for an internship, students must complete the Academic Internship Course Registration. This comes in two phases: (1) Initiate Academic Internship Course Registration and (2) Finalize Academic Internship Course Registration. Students, click here for a visual representation of the steps. Faculty, click here for your steps.
How to Initiate Academic Internship Course Registration
Once you have secured an internship, please follow the steps below to enroll in an Academic Internship Course. This Academic Internship Course is offered by your academic major/Department, for example, MKTG 397 for marketing and PSYC 297V for psychology.
- Identify the faculty member teaching the internship course related to your studies by conducting a Class Search for the desired semester. (We will refer to this faculty member as the Faculty Internship Course Instructor.) Select “Internship” from the Interdisciplinary Programs drop-down list. If you do not see a particular course listed, contact Career and Professional Development at [email protected].
- Meet with your Faculty Internship Course Instructor to request academic credit for your internship and learn about course requirements. It is important to prepare for this meeting using the Academic Internship Guide. Your Faculty Internship Course Instructor will want to know about the details of your experience and your learning objectives.
- If your Faculty Internship Course Instructor approves your internship for academic credit, ask them for a Permission of Instructor override, which will allow you to register for the appropriate internship course.
- Register for the course through MyStetson, as you do for all other academic courses.
- International Students, please contact WORLD regarding approval for Curricular Practical Training (CPT). Click here to learn more.
How to Finalize Academic Internship Course Registration
After you have enrolled in your Academic Internship Course, you will receive an email from Career and Professional Development with instructions for completing the following steps. You can access the forms and track your progress through the One-Stop tab in myStetson.
- Submit an Academic Internship Application in MyStetson. Once you have enrolled in your Internship course, the application should appear on your checklist in OneStop. Your application will need to be approved by both your Faculty Internship Course Instructor and your Department Chair.
- Sign the Internship Learning Agreement. Once your application has been approved, you, your Instructor and your Site Supervisor will receive emails prompting you to sign the Learning Agreement.
- Complete an Internship Orientation, which will be offered live on campus, live via Zoom, and asynchronously in Canvas. After you have enrolled in your internship course, you will receive an email with instructions for completing the Internship Orientation. Click here to learn more about Internship Orientation.
- Complete the Liability Waiver, which you will find in MyStetson.
All these requirements must be completed by the Internship Course Registration Deadline for each semester as noted on the Academic Calendar (DeLand Campus). Students who miss this deadline risk being administratively dropped from their internship course.
For general questions, please contact Career and Professional Development at 386-822-7315 or email [email protected].