Academic Internship Course Registration - Students
To receive academic credit for an internship, students must complete the Academic Internship Course Registration. This comes in two phases: (1) Initiate Academic Internship Course Registration and (2) Finalize Academic Internship Course Registration.
Initiate Academic Internship Course Registration
Once you have secured an internship, please follow the steps below to enroll in an Academic Internship Course. This Academic Internship Course is offered by your academic major/Department, for example, MKTG 397 for marketing and PSYC 297V for psychology.
- Identify the faculty member teaching the internship course related to your studies by conducting a Class Search for the desired semester. (We will refer to this faculty member as the Faculty Internship Course Instructor.) Select “Internship” from the Interdisciplinary Programs drop-down list. If you do not see a particular course listed, contact Career and Professional Development at [email protected].
- Meet with your Faculty Internship Course Instructor to request academic credit for your internship and learn about course requirements. It is important to prepare for this meeting using the Academic Internship Guide. Your Faculty Internship Course Instructor will want to know about the details of your experience and your learning objectives.
- If your Faculty Internship Course Instructor approves your internship for academic credit, ask them for a Permission of Instructor override, which will allow you to register for the appropriate internship course.
- Register for the course through MyStetson, as you do for all other academic courses.
- International Students, please contact WORLD regarding approval for Curricular Practical Training (CPT).
Finalize Academic Internship Course Registration
After you have enrolled in your Academic Internship Course, you will receive an email with the following instructions below.
- Fill out and submit an Academic Internship Application Form: once you have enrolled in your Internship course, you can fill out the Application Form. You can also view video instructions on how to fill out the form.
- Track the progress of your Academic internship Registration Form: your application will need to be approved by your Faculty Internship Course Instructor, Department Chair and Internship Site Supervisor. Once you submit your form, you can track the form's progress through emails from [email protected]. If you are not receiving emails, please go back to your form and ensure you have clicked "Submit" at the bottom of the waiver.
- Internship Orientation: some majors/internship courses may require this orientation to be completed before the beginning of the internship and course, while others may suggest it as optional. Please contact your Faculty Internship Course Instructor to see if this is required for your academic internship. Note: Internship orientation is offered asynchronously via Canvas.
All these requirements must be completed by the Internship Course Registration Deadline for each semester as noted on the Academic Calendar (DeLand Campus). Students who miss this deadline risk being administratively dropped from their internship course.
For general questions, please contact Career and Professional Development at 386-822-7315 or email [email protected].