Information Technology - Mobile Configuration
Installing and Configuring the Outlook App
- Access the app store for your mobile device and search for Microsoft Outlook (a free application).
- Once you locate the Outlook app, click the Install button; you may need to accept the access terms to proceed, and the download and installation will begin.
- Once the installation has completed, launch the app.
- Click Get Started to begin configuration. You will be prompted to enter your Stetson email address, or select the account you would like to add, then Continue.
- If prompted, enter your Stetson email address and password. Then, Sign In.
- Outlook will complete your login, and will ask if you would like to set up any additional accounts; you may add another account or select Skip to continue.
Please take a moment to view the tutorial that appears when your account is configured. It may take a few moments for your email to populate, but you will see your Inbox and messages below once complete. Clicking on the Menu button (three bars) in the upper left corner will reveal shortcuts to other folders in your mailbox.
How do I change the swipe left feature to something other than Archive?
Click the Menu in the top left of the app, then select the Settings (gear) icon. Click Swipe Options, and change to your desired settings.
How do I disable the Focused Inbox feature?
Click the Menu in the top left of the app, then select the Settings (gear) icon. Toggle the option next to Focused Inbox to the desired setting.
How to I change to message view (instead of view by thread)?
Click the Menu in the top left of the app, then select the Settings (gear) icon. Toggle the option next to Organize mail by thread to the desired setting.
Configuring the Default Mail Client on your Mobile Device
Although the Outlook for Mobile application is optimized for Office 365, you may choose to configure your Stetson email account using your mobile device's default mail client. Please keep in mind that the configuration process may vary slightly from device to device, and you may be prompted to apply the security settings required by IT policy. However, most devices use the following settings: