Stetson students have first use of all study rooms at the Dolly and Homer Hand Law Library and only Stetson students may reserve study rooms. (Occasionally, faculty, staff, or administrators may reserve library study rooms, but such reservations are only allowed when they will not significantly impact the study room availability for Stetson students.)
Study Room Reservations
- May only be reserved during the following hours the library: Monday–Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 pm; Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Sunday noon to 5:00 p.m.
- May be reserved for no more than a total of 3 consecutive hours a day, per individual or group.
- May be reserved up to 3 weeks in advance.
- Must be reserved at least 24 hours before the reservation begins.
- Must be reserved starting and ending on the hour.
- With the exception of “on-demand rooms,” rooms that are not reserved will remain open and available on a first come/first served basis.
- If you will be more than 30 minutes late for your reservation, please call the law library (727-562-7820). After 30 minutes and no call, the entire reservation is cancelled and will be open to other students on a first come/first served basis.
- Rooms 224 and 309 are for group study. To reserve one of these rooms, please email Kristen R. Moore at [email protected]. The same policies above apply to these rooms.
- Rooms 222 & 223 are designated as on-demand rooms.
- A key for one of these rooms may be checked out at the circulation desk.
- The key checkout for 4 hours and must be returned to the desk when your time is up.
- Please lock the room when you are finished and return the key to the circulation desk.
- If the key is checked out less than 4 hours before closing time, you will be asked to return the key before closing, but you may remain in the room.
- A reservation booked in individual consecutive hours is treated as one reservation.
- If you need to leave your room for 30–60 minutes, please check out a door hang tag at the circulation desk to indicate that you plan on returning. Hang tags can be checked out for 1 hour and are not renewable.
- Please do not leave items unattended. The library is not responsible for items left unattended.
- Please do not hang anything on the walls or cover the windows or the door.
- Please do not put your feet on the furniture, windowsills, or walls.
- Please clean up and properly dispose of all food and beverages.
- At this time, no pets are permitted in the library.
- At the end of the reservation, please clean off all whiteboards and disinfect study room surfaces.
- Study Rooms Fire Safety: Please do not bring small appliances, space heaters, fuel containers, candles, open flames, incense, fragrance pots, or similar burning devices.
- If you need to reserve a classroom in the library (129, 141, 208, or 209), please email Kristina Macys.
- If you need to reserve a study room for TA office hours, please email Kristen R. Moore.
All fields on the request must be completed. Please note that requests on this form are processed immediately, but that your room reservation will not be finalized until you confirm via email. The email confirmation will be sent to you immediately, and you must confirm your reservation within one hour of receiving the email, or your reservation will be removed from the system.
Study Rooms in Tampa
In order to accommodate student requests for study space at the Tampa Law Center library, requests for study rooms should be directed to Kristina Macys, Director of the Tampa Law Center & College of Law Events, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Any requests sent to Ms. Macys outside of these business hours will be addressed during the next business day.
Questions? Email [email protected].