Yellow Ribbon Program FAQ
What are the benefits of attending Stetson University under the Yellow Ribbon program?
- Based on the number of credit hours you take, your tuition could be fully covered.
- The Yellow Ribbon Program pays for all tuition and fees.
- You may qualify for a basic living allowance to cover the cost of housing.
- You could qualify for a books and fees allowance of up to $1,000 per year.
How do I find out if I'm eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
Please visit the VA's Yellow Ribbon Program to determine your eligibility.
Can I share or give my Yellow Ribbon educational benefit to my spouse or children?
In some cases, the answer is yes. To find out if you can transfer your eligibility, read the Transfer of Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents information and follow the instructions. Stetson University fully participates in this aspect of the GI Bill.
Can I use my Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits if I'm on active duty?
Yes, you can. If you've served at least 90 days, you can receive a tuition benefit based on how long you've served. For more information, please view the Post-9/11 GI Bill and Other Programs website.
If I'm not eligible under the Yellow Ribbon Program, do I have benefits under the regular GI Bill?
The Department of Veterans Affairs has complete information on the GI Bill.
I live in another state. Can I still attend Stetson University and receive Yellow Ribbon benefits?
Absolutely. You can live anywhere in the world and still receive Stetson University education benefits.
What are Stetson University's admissions requirements for Yellow Ribbon participants?
The same standards apply for anyone seeking admission to Stetson University. Please visit the Office of Admission for a complete guide to admissions at Stetson University.
What are the steps to apply to Stetson University as a Yellow Ribbon participant?
- Review the Department of Veterans Affairs' Yellow Ribbon Program. This website will give you instructions regarding eligibility and applying for your Certificate of Eligibility through the Department of Veterans Affairs. Note that you must start the process by applying for your Certificate of Eligibility through the VA. You may wish to seek assistance from your base Education Specialist, Family Readiness Center or from your VA representative.
- Apply to Stetson University and be accepted as a student.
- Complete the Request for Participation Form.
- Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, please fax, email, mail or hand deliver the certificate to the Office of Student Financial Planning.
What tuition will I be charged at Stetson University?
Post 9/11 GI Bill educational opportunities are unique to each veteran, so contact our veteran counselor to learn of your educational benefits. Remember your tuition could be covered 100 percent by our participation in the Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program. University fees are also paid by the VA which offers a book allowance as well. A housing allowance might be available to you under the program. Housing allowance benefits do not apply to students taking online classes.
Does Stetson University cap the number of military personnel it accepts under Yellow Ribbon Program?
Yes. We will accept two hundred eligible undergraduate students and ten Executive M.B.A. students under the Yellow Ribbon Program, as long as they meet the requirements for admission to the university and their chosen program and are extended an offer of admission from the university.
What programs at Stetson University are available under the Yellow Ribbon Program?
All Stetson University undergraduate programs and the graduate E.M.B.A. program are open to Yellow Ribbon Program participants.