Accelerated J.D. for Foreign Attorneys
Stetson University College of Law will allow qualified foreign-educated attorneys the opportunity to apply as transfer applicants. This will allow candidates to complete the J.D. in an accelerated manner, typically two years if attending on a full-time basis. Candidates may also apply for part-time consideration. Following graduation, candidates may sit for the Bar Examination in any state.
The Associate Dean of Academic Affairs may grant an admitted J.D. applicant who holds a foreign law degree up to 29 academic credits toward a Stetson J.D. degree. The credits may be used to satisfy elective credits. Please review the Transfer Credit Policy found at www.law.stetson.edu/policies.
Online Application Instructions:
- Use the Apply Now link to go to the online application.
- If you already have a "World Account" please log in. If not, create an account.
- Wait for an email with login credentials.
- Once you receive your credentials, please log in to the system (Login button is at the top right hand corner of screen).
- Select the Accelerated JD application.
- Complete all sections – Material Submissions, Signature Documents and Application Questionnaire.
- After you complete a section, you will see a checkmark indicating the item has been saved and submitted.
- Please be careful not to apply multiple times. You can log in and out so long as you save your work.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will I need to take the LSAT?
Applicants will no longer need to take the LSAT.
What English-Language Proficiency Tests will you accept?
Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an English-speaking institution must submit a TOEFL score of at least 100 on the Internet-based test. TOEFL scores are valid for three years. For TOEFL information, visit www.ets.org. Fluency in English may also be established by alternative assessment such as scoring at least a 7 in IELTS. For more information, visit www.ielts.org.
When will I be able to apply?
We will make the application available after November 1 for a fall semester entry (with an August 1 deadline). We do not anticipate allowing spring entry.
Which application should I use?
Please do not use the general Transfer Application. Also, there is no need to register with the Law School Admission Council's JD Credential Assembly Service (JD CAS).
Which Transcript/Credential Evaluation Agencies will Stetson Law accept?
Stetson University College of Law requires a credential evaluation (showing course-by-course evaluation and degree equivalency) for foreign attorneys applying as transfer students. Please secure evaluation through one of the following approved agencies:
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers – www.ies.aacrao.org; 202-263-0290
- Educational Credential Evaluators – www.ece.org; 414-289-3400
- International Education Research Foundation – www.ierf.org; 310-258-9451
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. – www.jsilny.com; 305-273-1616
- World Education Services – www.wes.org; 212-219-7303
What are the other steps to apply?
Please follow the step-by-step of instructions listed above. If you wish to meet with a counselor to review the steps to apply or to discuss the program in general, please contact us at LawAdmit@law.stetson.edu to schedule an appointment.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Planning at email@example.com or 727-562-7802.
Why Visit Tampa Bay, Florida?
Need more reasons? Check out: