Accelerated J.D. for Foreign Attorneys
Stetson University College of Law will allow qualified foreign-educated attorneys the opportunity to apply as transfer applicants. This will allow candidates to complete the J.D. in an accelerated manner, typically two years if attending on a full-time basis. Candidates may also apply for part-time consideration. Following graduation, candidates may sit for the Bar Examination in any state.
The Associate Dean of Academic Affairs may grant an admitted J.D. applicant who holds a foreign law degree up to 29 academic credits toward a Stetson J.D. degree. The credits may be used to satisfy elective credits. Please review the policies for J.D. Applicants with Foreign Law Degrees and Transfer Credits for more details.
Online Application Instructions:
- Use the Apply Now link below (AFTER reading these instructions) to go to the online application.
- If you already have a "World Account" please log in. If not, create an account.
- Wait for an email with login credentials.
- Once you receive your credentials, please log in to the system (Login button is at the top right hand corner of screen).
- Select the Accelerated JD application.
- Complete all sections – Material Submissions, Signature Documents and Application Questionnaire.
- When uploading attachments, please upload them as PDFs. If you have difficulty, try using another browser.
- After you complete a section, you will see a checkmark indicating the item has been saved and submitted. There is no final “Submission” button. If all sections are checked off, you have completed the application.
- Keep in mind that in some questionnaires you must include a response to every question. Please use NA if needed.
- Please be careful not to apply multiple times. You can log in and out so long as you save your work.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where can I find a comprehensive list of requirements for the Accelerated J.D. program admissions application?
Please see the Accelerated J.D. for Foreign Attorneys Application Instructions.
Will I need to take the LSAT?
Applicants will no longer need to take the LSAT.
What English-Language Proficiency Tests will you accept?
Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an English-speaking institution must submit a TOEFL score of at least 100 on the Internet-based test. TOEFL scores are valid for three years. For TOEFL information, visit www.ets.org. Fluency in English may also be established by alternative assessment such as scoring at least a 7 in IELTS. For more information, visit www.ielts.org.
When will I be able to apply?
We will make the application available after November 1 for a fall semester entry (with an August 1 deadline). We do not anticipate allowing spring entry.
Which application should I use?
Please do not use the general Transfer Application. Also, there is no need to register with the Law School Admission Council's JD Credential Assembly Service (JD CAS).
Which Transcript/Credential Evaluation Agencies will Stetson Law accept?
Stetson University College of Law requires a credential evaluation (showing course-by-course evaluation and degree equivalency) for foreign attorneys applying as transfer students. Please secure evaluation through one of the following approved agencies:
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers – www.aacrao.org; 202-263-0290
- Educational Credential Evaluators – www.ece.org; 414-289-3400
- International Education Research Foundation – www.ierf.org; 310-258-9451
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. – www.jsilny.com; 305-273-1616
- World Education Services – www.wes.org; 212-219-7303
What are the other steps to apply?
Please follow the step-by-step of instructions listed above. If you wish to meet with a counselor to review the steps to apply or to discuss the program in general, please contact us at LawAdmit@law.stetson.edu to schedule an appointment.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-562-7802.
Why Visit Tampa Bay, Florida?
Need more reasons? Check out: