United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Externship
12 CREDIT HOURS
* Not currently offered
Michael Allen, Professor of Law
The United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims is an Article I court that was established in 1988 to hear appeals concerning a wide variety of matters related to benefits provided to members of the armed forces and their families. Students spend 40 hours per week working with a judge in his or her chambers. Typical duties include researching and writing bench memoranda, orders, and opinions. Students are expected to obtain their own housing in Washington, D.C., during the Externship.
• United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (Washington, D.C.)
• 480 hours per semester
• Successful completion of all first-year required courses; and
• Be in good academic standing.
• Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, see www.law.stetson.edu/clinics); and
• Interview with a judge of the court.