State Litigation Externship
3 CREDIT HOURS
Professor Roberta Flowers
Students work under the direct supervision of government attorneys from various state agencies. Students routinely draft and prepare pleadings, motions, legal memorandum, and appellate briefs. The classroom component of this Externship occurs approximately every three weeks and is generally scheduled on Thursdays (check Banner for specific day/time). There will be an initial meeting which will be set by the supervising professor. These are mandatory classes. If you have more than one absence during the semester it will affect your final pass/fail grade.
- Students must apply directly to the Florida Office of the Attorney General prior to applying for the State Litigation Externship.
- students must be accepted by the Florida Office of the Attorney General prior to the start of the semester in order to participate in this Externship. Visit http://myfloridalegal.com/Externship for more information about the OAG Externship program and application.
- Application deadlines for the Office of the Attorney General are:
- Fall - June 12
- Spring - October 9
- Summer - March 11
• Florida Attorney General's Office - See Office Application for specific locations and divisions.
• 128 hours per semester;
• Classroom component; and
• 40 pages of research generated writing.
• Successful completion of all first-year required courses;
• Approval by the Florida Attorney General's Office;
• Pass background check;
• Successful completion of Evidence (preferred); and
• Minimum 2.7 GPA (if required by Florida Attorney General placements).
• Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, visit our Clinics and Externships page); and
• Timely submit additional documentation as required for this program. (Students are notified of additional requirements after applying and being provisionally placed in the program.)