Advanced Veterans Advocacy Clinic
2-3 Credit Hours
This advanced clinical course is designed for students who have completed the Veterans Advocacy Clinic and desire a more advanced experienced representing veterans at the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. Students will appear before the court as a law student representative per court rules, work with appellate records, write a statement of the issues for the court and opposing counsel, participate in negotiated settlement discussions with opposing counsel from the Office of the General Counsel for the Department of Veterans Affairs, and if necessary brief the case to the court. The student will also maintain client contact and manage client files in a law office environment. Participation in this course is at Professor Simcox's discretion.
Veterans Advocacy Clinic – Stetson College of Law, Gulfport Campus
- 85 hours per semester (2 credits)
- 128 hours per semester (3 credits)
- Detailed weekly report and timesheets
- Weekly classroom component which meets Mondays, from 3:05 p.m. to 4:35 p.m. on the Gulfport Campus.
- Successful completion of Veterans Advocacy Clinic;
- Acceptance by Professor Simcox;
Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, visit our Clinics and Externships page).