National Pretrial Competition, Oct. 12-15, 2017
The National Pretrial Competition captures what attorneys do every day in offices and courtrooms across the nation. Tentative dates for the 10th Annual National Pretrial Competition are Oct. 12-15, 2017.
The time to submit applications has passed.
- 2017 National Pretrial Competition Problem
- 2017 National Pretrial Competition Rules
- 2017 National Pretrial Competition Problem Clarifications
Competition Preliminary Round Pairings
About the Competition
Competing teams will:
- Receive a problem based on normal pretrial issues;
- Write two memoranda of law that will be scored;
- Make oral arguments; and
- Shift to an evidentiary hearing during which team members will be required to present evidence and make a closing argument.
Only 16 teams will be invited to participate in the competition! Information about how to apply for the competition will be posted in the spring.
For more information, please contact the Center for Excellence in Advocacy at 727-562-7317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.