Federal Litigation Externship
Credit Hours: 4
Overseeing Professor: Roberta K. Flowers
About The Program
Students work under the direct supervision of attorneys with the government of the United States as well as under the supervision of one or more full-time faculty members. Students gain experience in document drafting, preparation of pleadings and motions with legal memoranda, preparation of agency litigation reports, review of hearing transcripts, fact witness and expert witness interviews, affidavit preparation, and case strategy decision-making.
- United States Attorneys Office (Appellate, Civil and Criminal Divisions), Tampa
- United States Department of Justice (Office of the United States Trustee), Tampa
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs (Medical Malpractice/Torts and Labor Law/Personnel Law), St. Petersburg
- 170 hours per semester
- 40 pages of research-generated writing
- Classroom component which meets approximately every three weeks and is generally scheduled on Thursdays at 4:30 p.m.