16th International Wildlife Law Conference
Stetson Law hosted the 16th International Wildlife Law Conference in Gulfport, Florida, on April 13-14, 2016. Speakers, students, and attendees from around the world participated in this year's conference and addressed topics such as hunting, fishing, and other impacts on wildlife, as well as connections and collaborations across multilateral environmental agreements. This year's conference was held in conjunction with the International Finals of the 20th Annual Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition and included presentations from student participants.
- Marceil Yeater, Former Chief, Legal Affairs and Trade Policy, Secretariat of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
- Elizabeth Gitari, Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and Legal Affairs Manager, WildlifeDirect
- Dr. Lawrence E. Killmar, Zoo Director, Sr. VP Animal Science and Conservation, and Chief Zoological Officer, Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo
» Read More and View the Photo Slideshow
» View the Agenda
Save the Date: The 17th International Wildlife Law Conference will be hosted by the Institute of Environment Education and Research, Bharati Vidyapeeth University in Pune, India on January 6-9, 2017.
15th International Wildlife Law Conference
The 15th International Wildlife Law Conference was held in Granada, Spain on March 26-27, 2015. Organized by the University of Granada Faculty of Law, the European Union Action to Fight Environmental Crime (EFFACE), and Stetson University College of Law's Institute for Biodiversity Law and Policy, the conference brought together wildlife law experts from the governmental, NGO, and academic sectors. The keynote speaker was Dr. Ludwig Krämer, a professor and top expert on environmental law and policy in the EU.
Other speakers covered topics such as:
- Environmental crimes and wildlife
- Perspectives on environmental prosecutions
- Science and compliance mechanisms in biodiversity agreements
- Innovative approaches to and updates on protecting wildlife and biodiversity
Co-sponsored by Stetson University College of Law, University of Granada Faculty of Law, and the European Union Action to Fight Environmental Crime (EFFACE).