State Supreme Court
7/12 CREDIT HOURS
Watch video for details about this program.
Catherine Cameron, Assistant Professor of Legal Skills
Students are assigned to either the central court office or the chambers of one of the justices of the Florida or Georgia Supreme Courts. Students work 40 hours per week, and typical duties include research and writing bench memoranda, opinions, and determinations of jurisdiction under the state constitution.
Note: Students are required to obtain their own housing.
• Florida Supreme Court (Tallahassee)
• Georgia Supreme Court (Atlanta)
• 280 summer, 480 hours per fall/spring semester
• Successful completion of all first-year required courses; and
• Be in good academic standing;*
• Pass background check;
• Must have received a letter of approval (sometimes called a Notice of Registrant Clearance) from The Florida Board of Bar Examiners; and
• No legal employment/volunteering during internship semester.
• Students are selected for participation in this internship program by the Florida Supreme Court. Application procedures and deadlines for this program do not always conform to other Stetson programs.
• Contact Professor Catherine Cameron for more information regarding application procedures for this program.
*This program is highly competitive and students must possess a strong academic record to be considered for this program.