4 Credit Hours for Fall and Spring; 4 Credit Hours or 7 Credit Hours for Summer
Jason Palmer, Associate Professor of Legal Skills
Students develop an understanding of law firm practice. Students work under the direct supervision of a partner or senior associate at a law firm. Students will be placed with pre-approved law firms. Students cannot arrange individual placements with law firms. Typical duties involve reviewing documents, conducting research, drafting legal memoranda, and attending hearings.
• St. Petersburg
• 160 hours per semester for fall or spring and 160 hours for 4 credits or 280 hours for 7 credits for summer;
• Orientation course during first week of the semester;
• Meet at least twice with overseeing professor (schedule is flexible and may be done via web or phone conference);
• Submit weekly time sheets on TWEN;
• Submit weekly journal entries on TWEN;
• Work product assignments;
• Academic activities assigned by the overseeing professor; and
• Final reflective paper.
• Successful completion of all first-year required courses;
• Successful completion of Professional Responsibility
• Be in good academic standing;
• No other legal employment/volunteering during internship;
• Interview with Professor Palmer;
• Interview with law firm placement;
• Provide a writing sample upon provisional acceptance into the program; and
• Fulfill any other requirements of the hosting law firm placement.
• Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, see www.law.stetson.edu/clinics); and
• Timely submit additional documentation as required for this program. (Students are notified of additional requirements after applying and being provisionally placed in the program.)