Watch video for details about this program.
3 CREDIT HOURS
Theresa J. Pulley Radwan, Professor of Law
Marleen O’Connor, Professor of Law firstname.lastname@example.org
Students work under the direct supervision of attorneys in local business and government settings. They gain experience in drafting documents, managing outside litigation, and working within a management environment. Students also develop an appreciation of the role played by in-house counsels as well as the ethical dilemmas they face.
Because some placement locations for this program alternate their participation, students should understand that the list of placement locations below and on the list on the online application system are merely a representative sample. In the event that a student selects a placement location that ultimately chooses not to participate for a particular semester, Prof. Radwan and Prof. O'Connor will make every attempt, within reason, to place the student in a comparable setting.
• Aegon Financial (insurance and financial, Clearwater)
• Anchor Glass (manufacturing, Tampa)
• St. Petersburg College (education, St. Petersburg)
• Checkers Restaurant (restaurant, Tampa)
• FCCI Insurance (insurance, Sarasota)
• HSN (service, St. Petersburg)
• Minor League Baseball (sports, Clearwater)
• Bloomin Brands (restaurant, Tampa)
• Pinellas County Schools (education, Largo)
• Jabil (distribution, St. Petersburg)
• Superior Uniform Group (manufacturing, Seminole)
• Ideal Image (healthcare, Tampa)
• University of South Florida (education, Tampa)
• 120 hours per semester (note that this is a change from the video);
• Participation in online discussion forum and individual meetings with professor; and
• 30 pages (maximum) of work product.
• Successful completion of all first-year required courses;
• Be in good academic standing;
• Successful completion of Corporations or Business Entities; and one of the following courses: Commercial Transactions, Payment Systems, Sales and Leases, or Secured Transactions.
• Students who have not met both prerequisites may apply for the program. If accepted into the program, students will be expected to complete the prerequisites as co-requisites during the internship semester.
• Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, see www.law.stetson.edu/clinics).