3 CREDIT HOURS
Kristen D. Adams, Associate Dean of Academics
Watch video for details about this program.
Students will further the cause of homeless advocacy by assisting the efforts of public interest organizations engaged in work on behalf of the homeless. Typical duties will include: interviewing clients, conducting research; preparing legal memoranda; drafting and reviewing public records request and responses; assisting in all aspects of discovery such as document analysis, organization and indexing depositions; and assisting in the preparation of legal documents and pleadings.
• Gulfcoast Legal Services (Saint Petersburg)
• St. Petersburg Free Clinic (Saint Petersburg)
• 120 hours per semester;
• a weekly meeting; and
• a final paper.
• Successful completion of all first-year required courses;
• Be in good academic standing;
• Successful completion of Professional Responsibility;
• Successful completion of Poverty Law (preferred); and
• Successful completion of Interviewing and Counseling (preferred).
• Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, see www.law.stetson.edu/clinics).