Bankruptcy Judicial Internship
4 Credit Hours
Theresa J. Pulley Radwan, Professor of Law
Watch video for details about this program.
Students are assigned to work with bankruptcy judges in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division. Working closely with judges and law clerks, students perform research and writing assignments related to cases pending before the court. Students also attend judicial proceedings and observe the courtroom performances of counsel (e.g., motion hearings, mediations, arbitrations, and trials), related to cases on which they have worked.
• United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division
• 160 hours per semester; (not offered in the summer) and
• 2-3 group and individual meetings per semester.
• Successful completion of all first-year required courses;
• Be in good academic standing;
• Successful completion of Bankruptcy (unless waived by overseeing professor); and
• Pass background check.
• Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, see www.law.stetson.edu/clinics); and
• Timely submit additional documentation as required for this program. (Students are notified of additional requirements after applying and being provisionally placed in the program.)