Stetson University in the News, Aug. 19-25
August 26, 2016
- Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, professor of law, is quoted in the Aug. 23 Teen Vogue article via the New York Times, “Donald Trump and His Family Are Profiting From His Campaign.” Torres-Spelliscy spoke with the Orlando Sentinel for the Aug. 18 story, “Early voting days, times vary in Central Florida.”
- K.C. Ma, Ph.D., professor of finance and Roland George chair of applied investments, was quoted in the article “Why Leveraged ETFs Are Horrible Investments” posted by U.S. News & World Report, Yahoo! Finance and several other outlets, Aug. 18. Ma also was quoted in the article “Futures Trading Remains in Tight Ranges as Market Reaches Highs” posted by The Street, Aug. 19; and in “Ambarella Inc (AMBA) Stock Is on Fire: Should You Buy It?” posted by U.S. News & World Report, Yahoo! Finance and several other outlets, Aug. 24.
- Patrick Hennessey, Ph.D., director of Stetson’s jazz ensemble, was featured in the article “Best Happenings: Aug. 24-30” posted by Florida Today, Aug. 22. Hennessey also was featured in the article “Big Band Bash comes to Vero Beach” posted by TC Palm, Aug. 22, and “Space Coast Symphony Presents Big Band Bash Aug 27 & 28” posted by WFIT, Aug. 23.
- Chris Ferguson, Ph.D., associate professor and chair of psychology, was quoted in the article “Video Games Linked to Aggression, Psychologists’ Group Says” posted by Medicine Net on Aug. 18.
- Stetson’s Hand Art Center was featured in Orlando Sentinel’s “Freebie Friday,” posted August 19.
- News of Law Associate Dean Darryl Wilson’s promotion has run in the Aug. 19 Journal of Blacks in Higher Education.
- Andy Dehnart, M.F.A., visiting assistant professor of journalism, posted a new article, “Four stories that break down the reality of reality TV,” on his website Reality Blurred, Aug. 19. Dehnart also posted, “35 new and renewed reality TV shows,” on Reality Blurred, Aug. 22.
- News of Stetson University College of Law may be seeking to fill a faculty position for Director of Clinical and Experiential Education beginning in Fall 2017 ran in the Aug. 18 Clinical Law Prof Blog.
- The 24/7 Press Releases ran the story of Law alumni among the Best Lawyers in America list on Aug. 25, with placements in multiple media outlets.
- The 24/7 Press Releases ran a story in multiple news outlets via the newswire Aug. 18 on top advocate, Natalie Yello, being named first Ms. JD Fellow from Stetson University.
- Elizabeth LaBerge has been promoted to Senior Regulatory Compliance Counsel at the National Association of Federal Credit Unions according to the Aug. 18 Press Release Point.
- Don Holowiecki, M.B.A., was recently appointed director of finance by the Westin Nashville according to “Westin Nashville Announces New Hires” posted by Meetings Mags, Aug. 24.
- Mark Bircher ’08 was mentioned in the Aug. 18 Tampa Bay Times story on Republican candidates running for U.S. House District 13.
- Nicole Davis joined the Ruth Law team to work on unsafe products cases, according to the Aug. 22 Herald-Tribune’s Business People section.
- Chris Delp is named in the Aug. 21 Bradenton Herald’s “Names and faces in Manatee and Sarasota” as a new member of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP.
- Rena Frazier was included in the Aug. 17 Tampa Bay Times story on Democrat candidates for State House district 59.
- Miriam Valkenburg was mentioned in the Aug. 17 Tampa Bay Times story on Hillsborough County Judge Group 10 candidates.
- William Strode died Aug. 10 of Parkinson’s, according to an Aug. 22 Herald-Tribune story of his career and how as an attorney he once battled F. Lee Bailey.