Stetson University in the News, Sept. 4-10, 2015
• Stetson University was featured in the Daytona Beach News-Journal on Sept. 5, for record-level undergraduate enrollment (at 3,084), as of Census Day, Sept. 4.
• On Sept. 6, The Houston Chronicle quoted Law Professor Charles Rose in an article titled “Sound of silence in Twin Peaks biker case drawing ire.” The news quoting Professor Rose also ran in the San Antonio Express News article, “Bikers, families remain in limbo 100 days after Waco melee.”
• On Sept. 2, The Daily Commercial quoted Professor Ciara Torres-Spelliscy in an article titled “Pay For Play?” The Sept. 2 Targeted News Service ran the article, “Baruch College Presents ‘Shooting Your Brand in the Foot: How Corporate Political Spending Could Put Your Firm at Risk,’ with Ciara Torres-Spelliscy.”
• On Sept. 3, Street Insider and multiple national media outlets quoted Law Professor Charles Rose, international programs director JR Swanegan, and OPE director Mercy Roberg in an article titled “Stetson Law Teaches Advocacy on the Other Side of the Atlantic.” Targeted News Service also ran the article.
• Law Professor Peter Lake is quoted in the Sept. 3 Yale Daily News article, “Sig Ep suit shows dearth of regulations.”
• Stetson University senior David Sawyer and his innovative business, TSOLife, were featured in Daytona Beach News-Journal and EIN Newsdesk on Sept. 5 in the article, “Stetson University students launch legacy recording business.”
• On Sept. 7, Legal News reported that Law Professor Ellen Podgor’s fourth edition casebook White Collar Crime: Law and Practice was released.
• On Sept. 4, Noodls picked up Stetson Law’s feature on second-year Law student SeanCarlo Lopez titled “How do we protect our Children?”
• According to the Sept. 3 LiveLaw, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in association with Surana & Surana International Attorneys will be organizing the national rounds of the Stetson International Environmental Law Moot Court Competition 2015-16.
• The Sept. 2 Targeted News Service ran the article, “Florida’s Wild Places: Photojournalist Carlton Ward Jr. Delivers Stetson’s Biodiversity Lecture.”
Alumni in the News:
• Investor Point and PR Newswire featured an article on Stetson graduate Laurette Koellner on Sept. 2 and her election as director of Nucor Corporation’s Board of Directors, effective immediately.
• On Sept. 3, Stetson graduate Dr. Paul Luongo, Ph.D., is holding auditions for the Walla Walla Symphony Youth Orchestra for students in grades 8-12 from Sept. 13-14, as featured in the Union-Bulletin.
• Stetson graduate Joshua Blair was featured in the Plant City Observer on Sept. 4.
• On Sept. 7, Stetson graduate Cullen Stanley was featured in the Courier Press regarding his success as president of Reitz Home Museum all the while serving other positions in the community.
• On Sept. 3, PRLOG reported that Law alumnus Douglas S. Williams joined the law firm of Chiumento, Selis, and Dwyer.
• According to the Coal Valley News, Law alumnus and Governor Cecil Varney visited the Madison Rotary Club.
• According to the Sept. 5 PR.com, Law alumnus Mark A. Boyle, managing partner, Boyle, Gentile & Leonard, P.A., will speak at the Knowledge Group’s webcast.