Student Counseling Services Event Request Form
Student Counseling Services strives to provide educational presentations and training sessions, as well as event support to the campus community. Student Counseling Services programming or event support may be provided pending scheduling and staffing availability. Event definitions are as follows:
- Educational presentations or training sessions (programming) – Any event in which Student Counseling Services prepares and/or provides a presentation or training session to any number of guests. DevelopED provides a complete list of educational presentations or training sessions. The presentations offered by Student Counseling Services can be found in the Wellness category. These presentations can be requested directly from that page.
- Event support – Any event in which Student Counseling Services support is requested, but no presentation or training session is given by Student Counseling Services. These events may request counselor presence to lead a discussion after a movie about a sensitive topic, provide support for events that contain topics that may potentially trigger guests, etc. These events can be requested by using this form.
In order to provide appropriate programming and/or event support, the following guidelines are set forth:
- Student Counseling Services may be available for events that end by or before 8 p.m.
- Weekday events are preferred. Weekend events may be available for special circumstances.
- For events in which programming must be provided by Student Counseling Services, a minimum of fifteen (15) business days advance notice must be given.
- If your workshop request is outside of normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.), we ask that you send an RSVP list of at least ten attendees to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than three days before the requested workshop.
- For events in which event support must be provided by Student Counseling Services, a minimum of ten (10) business days advance notice must be given.
- Deadlines for submitting Outreach requests are April 1st for Spring Semester and November 1st for Fall Semester. Anything submitted after these deadlines will automatically be declined.
By submitting this form, you are submitting a request for Student Counseling Services event support; form submission does not guarantee Student Counseling Services involvement. You will soon be contacted by a Student Counseling Services staff member with feedback regarding your request.