International Week: Diplomats at Stetson
As part of Stetson University’s celebration of International Education Week, the public is invited to two presentations/discussions by four distinguished international diplomats, on international priorities, trade, business and investment from the perspectives of their representatives in Central Florida, and insights into the role of a Consul in international affairs.
These sessions are sponsored by Stetson University’s Department of Political Science and International Studies, Sigma Iota Rho, and WORLD: International Learning. Cultural credit is available for Stetson students.
Tuesday, Nov. 19: Diplomatic Dialogues: Colombian and Mexican international priorities session:
- 5:30 p.m.
- Rinker Auditorium, Lynn Business Center, 345 N. Woodland Blvd.
- Diplomatic Dialogues: Colombia and Mexico
- H.E. María Matilde Londoño Jaramillo, Consul of Colombia in Orlando
- H.E. Efren Nicolas Leyva Acevedo, Consul of Mexico in Orlando
Thursday, Nov. 21: Diplomatic Dialogues: Haitian and Dutch international priorities session:
- 5:30 p.m.
- 25L, duPont-Ball Library, 134 E. Minnesota Ave.
- Diplomatic Dialogues: Haiti and the Netherlands
- H.E. Laurent Prosper, Consul of the Republic of Haiti in Orlando
- H.E. Patrick Willemsen, Honorary Consul of the Netherlands for Central Florida
For information on Stetson University’s celebration of International Education Week, visit WORLD: International Learning at Stetson, or call 386-822-8165.