Stetson Profiled in Fiske Guide to Colleges
The editors of the Fiske Guide to Colleges believe that “every college and university has a story” — and Stetson is among the more than 300 “best and most interesting” four-year schools profiled in its latest effort, the 36thedition of the bestselling guide.
Updated and expanded annually, the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2020 touts a helpful, honest and straightforward approach to information, and is widely considered an authoritative source of facts for college-bound students and their parents. In addition to the United States, the guide includes colleges from Canada, Great Britain and Ireland.
Edward B. Fiske, the author, served for 17 years as education editor of the New York Times, during which time he began writing the Fiske Guide to Colleges.
In this year’s edition, the Fiske Guide to Colleges writes about Stetson, “With top-notch business programs and strengths in music and health sciences, this Florida university continues to attract students who aren’t afraid to wear a variety of hats during their stay.”
The profile concludes with this: “Says one happy student, ‘Stetson may not be perfect or have the shiniest bells and whistles, but I can promise that if you put the work in, this institution will reward you tenfold.'”
Stetson consistently is recognized as a top university in nationwide rankings and lists, including by U.S. News & World Report:
- No. 5, Best Regional Universities (South), 2019
- No. 3, Best for Veterans (Regional/(South), 2019
- Best Undergraduate Teaching (Regional/(South), 2019
- Best Value Schools (Regional/(South), 2019
- No. 1, Trial Advocacy, 2020, College of Law
- No. 2, Legal Writing, 2020, College of Law
- General Recognition Part-Time Program, College of Law
- The Princeton Review’s 2019 Best 384 Colleges
- MONEY magazine Best Colleges for Your Money, 2019
- Country Living magazine 25 Most Beautiful College Campuses in the South, 2018
- College Magazine’s Top 10 Pet-Friendly Colleges (No. 4), 2018