Stetson University In the News, Feb. 17-23
Chris Ferguson, Ph.D., professor of psychology, wrote the article, “It’s Time to End the Debate About Video Games and Violence,” posted by Arizona Daily Star Online, The Daily Caller and other outlets Feb. 16. Ferguson was mentioned in the Feb. 22 Game Developer article, “Rhode Island Might Tax Violent Games to Fund Mental Health Programs” and the AZ Family article, “Do Video Games Lead to Violence?” and the Daily Beast article, “The Myth of Video Games Making Killers is ‘Nuts.’ “
- President Wendy B. Libby, Ph.D., was quoted in the Feb. 21 Orlando Business Journal article, “Higher Ed Execs Must Battle Perceptions, Prepare C. Fla. Workforce for Growth.” Libby said, “At Stetson, our average student is getting about a $25,000 financial aid package, not counting work/study, loans and other pieces of help.”
- Law Professor Charles Rose was quoted in the article, “Florida sheriff: Jeff Sessions’ Anglo-American comments divisive.” Rose said, “You don’t choose words that are emotionally charged in a negative fashion to deliver a positive message,” posted by the Tampa Bay Times Feb. 14.
- Basyle Tchividjian, graduate of Stetson University, was featured in the article, “Billy Graham’s Grandson, Who Has DeLand Ties, Said His Grandfather Was Humble Man,” posted by The Daytona Beach News-Journal Online Feb. 22.
- News of Stetson’s Dispute Resolution team winning the Florida Bar International Law Section Richard DeWitt Memorial Vis International Commercial Arbitration Pre-Moot, Best Oralist, and advancing to the international competition in Austria ran across the national newswire in placements including the Feb. 22 Digital Journal.
- Stetson University was mentioned in the West Volusia Beacon Online article, “Amelia Ave. Danger Zone Could Get Fix,” posted Feb. 21.
- According to the Feb. 22 Family Business article, “Branding the Family Business: Does It Work or Does It Hurt?” the Stetson University School of Business Administration and Family Enterprise Center will be holding a seminar presentation on March 28.
- Law Professor Ciara Torres-Spelliscy was quoted in the Feb. 14 Highlands News-Sun article, “Florida’s broken sentencing system.”
- George Winston will be performing a benefit concert on Feb. 25 at Stetson, according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online article, “Festivals, Pet Shot Clinics, Children’s Programs and More,” posted Feb. 23.
- Stetson University was listed in the Florida Trend Online article, “Chart: Florida’s Private, Non-Profit Colleges and Universities,” posted Feb. 21.
- Stetson University was mentioned in the “2018 Spring Break Schedule for Major Universities” list, posted by Fort Myers Beach Bulletin Feb. 22.
- Lucianna Chixaro Ramos, Editor-in-Chief of the literary journal for Stetson’s MFA of the Americas, was interviewed by Trish Hopkinson in the blog article, “No Fee Submission Call + Editor Interview—Obra/Artifact, Deadline: Mar. 5, 2018.”
- Law Professor Royal Gardner was quoted in the February Ramsar Convention Newsletter.
- Stetson’s Gulfport campus is a highlight of the Pink Flamingo Home Tour, according to the Feb. 22 Gulfport Gabber.
- Alumnus Christian Koch was covered in the Feb. 17 article, “Wealth Expert, Christian Koch, Signs Publishing Deal with CelebrityPress® to Co-Author The Big Question with Larry King,” posted by Arizona Republic Online and several other outlets.
- Stetson alumna Stacy M. LaFrance was featured in the article, “Store Capital Corp: Change in Directors or Principal Officers (form 8-k)” posted by 4-traders Feb. 17.
- According to the Tampa Bay Newswire, on Feb. 19 Law alumnus Jason Lambert was announced as VP of Tampa National Remodeling Industry Chapter (NARI).