Stetson University in the News, Nov. 10-16
- Barron’s featured Stetson University alumnus Scott Kimball ’03 in a Nov. 11 article, “The Best Bargains in Bond Land.” According to the article, “A defining moment for Scott Kimball came during his senior year at Stetson University, when he made a pitch to the DeLand, Fla., school’s prestigious Roland George Investments Program to buy R.J. Reynolds corporate bonds.” Kimball is now co-manager of a $1.1 billion bond fund for Miami-based Taplin, Canida & Habacht (TCH).
- Stetson University’s School of Business Administration was featured in the article, “Stetson University’s Centurion Sales Program Takes Off,” posted by The Houston Chronicle Online and several other outlets Nov. 13.
- Stetson University College of Law was recognized in many Nov. 14 Newswire articles for winning national and regional advocacy championships.
- Stetson University’s Roland George Investments Program was featured in the article, “Stetson University Students Unveil Stock Picks,” posted by WFLX-TV Online Nov. 11.
- Stetson University was featured in the Capital Soup article, “Stetson University Waives Application Fee for Members of the U.S. Armed Forces,” posted Nov. 9. Stetson was also mentioned in the Nov. 12 article, “The Higher Ed Notebook: ERAU to Graduate 1st Class of Central & South American Aviation Management Program,” for participating in an application fee waiver program for veterans, posted by The Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.
- Richard H. Wood Jr., Stetson University economics professor emeritus, wrote the article, “Placing a Significant Price on Carbon Would Slow the Warming of Ocean Waters,” posted by the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online Nov. 9.
Rajni Shankar-Brown, Ph.D., associate professor at Stetson University, was featured in the article, “Ask the Expert: Conference Addresses Student Mental Health.” According to the article, Shankar-Brown will be the keynote speaker at this year’s Children and Youth Mental Health Conference, posted by Naples Daily News Online and The News-Press Online Nov. 13.
- Law Professor Ellen Podgor was featured in several media outlets in the Nov. 10 Newswire article, “American Bar Association honors Professor of Law Ellen Podgor with Raeder-Taslitz Awards.”
- Law Professor Charles Rose was quoted in the Nov. 10 Tampa Bay Times article, “Latvala Takes Polygraph in Sex Harassment Case.” He was also quoted in the Nov. 10 Florida Politics Blog post, “Sunburn – The morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics.”
- Law Professor Luz Nagle was featured in the Nov. 10 Newswire article, “Hispanic Bar Association honors Stetson University Professor of Law Luz Nagle,” appearing in several media outlets.
- Law Professor Peter Lake was quoted in the Nov. 14 Portland Tribune article, “College life is tense right now, but why?”
- Law Professor Rebecca Morgan wrote the Nov. 15 Elder Law Prof Blog post, “Retirement Dress Rehearsal.” Professor Morgan also wrote the Nov. 14 Elder Law Prof Blog post, “Veterans Victims of Financial Elder Abuse.” She also wrote the Nov. 13 Elder Law Prof Blog post, “Call for Papers-Western Sydney University Elder Law Review” and “Younger Retirees or Soon to Retire – Cost of Health Insurance.” She also wrote the Nov. 16 Elder Law Prof Blog post, “Palliative Care and Serious Illnesses.”
- Stetson University was mentioned in the Orlando Sentinel article, “Commentary: Veterans’ Longest Battle for Disability Benefits,” posted Nov. 11.
College of Law Professor Charles Rose is quoted in the page 47 article, “Trial advocacy curricular leaders,” and Stetson is mentioned in the Winter 2017 preLaw article, “Students at these law schools outperform on the bar exam based on their LSAT scores.”
- Stetson University College of Law was featured in the Nov. 11 Area Development article, “A New Age for St. Pete, FL.”
- Stetson University was mentioned in the article, “Volusia Council to Vote on Beach-Pass Increase,” posted by The Daytona Beach News-Journal Nov. 14.
- Stetson University’s Gillespie Museum was featured in the article, “New Exhibit at Stetson University’s Gillespie Museum Takes Visitors Through Florida’s Geologic History,” posted by Capital Soup Nov. 14
- The Nov. 15 Gulfport Gabber mentioned Stetson Law’s Veterans Advocacy Clinic and participation in the Gulfport Veterans Day parade in the article, “Plaques unveiled at Gulfport’s Veterans Day Celebration.”
- Maureen Breakiron-Evans, Stetson University alumna and member of the Stetson Board of Trustees, was profiled in the article, “Profile of Maureen Breakiron-Evans Director of Ally Financial Inc.” Posted by Plus Company Updates Nov. 10.
- Robert Kappelmann, Stetson University alumnus, was covered in the article, “Biography – Robert Kappelmann,” posted by Before It’s News Nov. 10.
- Stetson University alumnus Luis Pedraja was featured in the article, “Presidential Prodigies,” posted by University Business – Online Nov. 10.
- Christopher Marlow, graduate of Stetson University, was mentioned in the article, “Golden Lion Goes ‘Green’: Flagler Beach Restaurant Owners Eye Expansion Plans,” posted by The Daytona Beach News-Journal Online Nov. 11.
- Law alumnus Ryan S. Nichols was featured in the Nov. 13 Sarasota Herald-Tribune article, “Florida’s First Law School: A History of Stetson University College of Law.”
- Byung Jin, Stetson University alumnus, was mentioned in the article, “President Trump Continuing His Work to ‘Make America Safe Again'” posted by Charisma Online Nov. 14.
- Law alumnus Patrick Causey was featured in the Nov. 14 Trenam Firm article, “Attorney Patrick M. Causey Appointed to Board of Directors of the Kind Mouse.”
- Stetson University alumnus Britt McHenry was featured in the article, “Satellite Grad Britt McHenry, Former ESPN Reporter Slams GQ For Naming Kaepernick ‘Citizen of Year'” posted by Tera News Nov. 15.