Stetson University in the News, Sept. 29-Oct. 5
- Stetson University was mentioned in an article in The New York Times Sept. 29, “Advice to College Students on Bank Promotions: Read the Fine Print,” which stated “some schools, like Stetson University, report that their sponsored accounts don’t have any fees.”
- Clay Henderson, executive director of Stetson’s Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience, was mentioned in the article, “Lawyer Encourages CRC to Consider Statutory Initiative,” posted by WFSU News Sept. 28.
- Pamela Cappas-Torro, Ph.D., assistant professor of World Languages and Cultures (Spanish) at Stetson University, was one of over 200 academics to sign the Latino Rebels article, “The Cruelest Storm: A Statement for Puerto Rice,” posted Sept. 30.
Stetson University alumnus and former U.S. Sen. Max Cleland was featured in a column by Stetson Political Science Professor Emeritus Dr. T. Wayne Bailey and Stetson alumnus Larry Arrington, “Vietnam Vet Max Cleland Shows Us All the Way Home,” posted by The West Volusia Beacon Sept. 29.
- Kyle Gookins, head men’s soccer coach at Stetson, was featured on DIY Network’s Tiny House, Big Living on Sept. 21.
- Stetson University was mentioned in the article, “Schools With Highest % of Students With Financial Aid,” posted by College Atlas Sept. 28.
- The Oct. 4 JDJournal mentions Stetson in the article, “Law Schools that Place an Importance on Canine Friends.”
- Nancy Soderberg, former U.S. National Security Council member, “will be teaching at Stetson University starting in the fall,” according to the article, “On the Campaign Trail: Nancy Soderberg, 6th Congressional District of Florida,” posted by WJXX-TV Online Sept. 30 and The Florida Oracle Oct. 1.
- Valrie Chambers, Ph.D., associate professor of Accounting at Stetson University, contributed to the article, “Practitioner’s Incorrect Change to Passive Status Costly,” posted by The Tax Adviser Oct. 1.
- Law Professor Ciara Torres-Spelliscy was quoted in the Oct. 1 True Viral News article, “Does Wall Street Charge to Manage New Mexico’s Retirement Money.”
- Law Professor Joseph Morrissey’s lawsuit is featured in the Oct. 3 Forbes Online article, “Trump 11th Circuit Pick Writes Opinion Denying Tax Deduction for Gay Man’s Reproductive Expenses.”
- Public Historian is scheduled to speak at Stetson University College of Law’s Biodiversity Lecture on Oct. 9 and at the DeLand campus on Oct. 10. The event was mentioned in the Oct. 3 Capital Soup post, “Noted Public Historian Dwight Pitcaithley to Speak at Stetson University.”
- Christopher Ferguson, Ph.D., professor of Psychology at Stetson University, was featured in the article, “Teens are Growing Up More Slowly, and They Seem OK With It,” posted by Pocono Record Oct. 1. Ferguson was also mentioned Oct. 3 Derry Journal article, “Up to Six Hours of Screen Time Doesn’t Harm Kids After All,” and the Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette Online article, “Adulthood on Hold,” posted Oct. 4.
- Law Professor Rebecca Morgan wrote the Sept. 29 Elder Law Prof Blog post, “Yet Again on D.C.’s Physician-Aided Dying Law.” Professor Morgan is listed among the Bloomberg BNA Tax & Accounting authors.
- Stetson University was mentioned in the article, “UNF Program Readies Students for Peace Corps,” posted by The Florida Times-Union Sept. 20.
- Stetson University was mentioned in the article, “19 USA Varsities Representatives Visit Millennium Campus,” posted by The Nation Sept. 23.
- Law Professor Jason Bent was quoted in the Sept. 29 Daytona Beach News-Journal article, “Social Media post puts Volusia deputy on leave and under investigation.”
- Law Professor Peter Lake was quoted in the Sept. 29 GW Hatchet article, “GW faces limited options in defending Obama-era sexual assault protections, experts say.”
- Stetson University College of Law was mentioned in the Sept. 29 Targeted News Service article, “Stetson Offers Study Abroad in South Africa for Law Students, Lawyers, and Business Professionals.”
- Stetson University College of Law’s Trial Team competed in Denver, Colorado, this past weekend. They were mentioned in the Oct. 3 Northwestern Now article, “Northwestern Law team wins trial competition.”
- Stetson University was mentioned in the article, “MTI’s Post-Secondary College Night has 100-Plus Schools,” posted by Bradenton Herald Oct. 3.
- Stetson University alumnus Eric Cinnamond wrote the article, “Would You Rather,” posted by Value Walk Sept. 28.
- Greg Dasher, graduate of Stetson University, was featured in the article, “CNA Announces Greg Dasher as Vice President, Underwriting for Small Business,” posted by Plus Company Updates (PCU) Sept. 29.
- BJay Pak, graduate of Stetson University and former Gwinnett legislator, was featured in the article, “Senate Confirms Former Gwinnett Legislator, BJay Pak, as U.S. Attorney for Northern Georgia,” posted by Gwinnett Daily Post Sept. 29.
- Law alumna Ashley Moody was featured in the Sept. 29 SaintPetersBlog post, “Brevard Sheriff endorses Ashley Moody for Attorney General.”
- Law alumna Sarah Alsofrom was featured in the article, “Leadership Florida Selects Sarah Alsofrom as Chair of the Regional Council for Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian and Okeechobee Counties,” posted by The Buffalo News Online and New Karala Sept. 30.
- Linda Lozis, Stetson University alumna, was featured in the article, “New Faces at Community Presbyterian,” posted by Englewood Sun Sept. 30.
- Law alumna Sarah Hobson was featured in the Sept. 30 Patch.com article, “Attorney to Run for Cherokee County Solicitor General.”
- Law alumnus Jeremy Bailie was featured in the Oct. 3 Florida Politics article, “Jeremy Bailie wants to bring intense focus to Florida Legislature.”
- Scott Popilek, graduate of Stetson University, was featured in the article, “Insurance Industry Veteran Scott Popilek Joins Risk Strategies Company as Managing Director, Florida Regional Leader,” posted by IT Business Net, Markets Insider and several other outlets Oct. 4.
- Daniella Hanker, graduate of Stetson University, was profiled in an article by WOAY-TV – Online, posted Sept. 5.