Stetson University in the News, Oct. 27-Nov. 2
- John Rasp, Ph.D., associate professor of statistics at Stetson University, was quoted in the article, “Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration Encourages Conversations About Teaching,” posted by the Chronicle of Higher Education Online Oct. 26. Rasp was also mentioned in the Chronicle of Higher Education Online article, “Talking Teaching With Your Colleagues,” posted Oct. 27.
- K.C. Ma, Ph.D., professor of finance at Stetson University, was quoted in the article, “5 of the Best Stocks to Buy for November.” Ma said, “Alibaba’s dominance is insulated from international completion through the government, and domestically they are the preferred marketplace for both consumers and merchants,” posted by MSN Money US (en) and U.S. News & World Report Nov. 1.
- Law Professor Charles Rose was quoted by Law 360 regarding the Engle sanctions. He was also quoted in the Oct. 31 Daytona Beach News-Journal article, “Jurors will have to be unanimous for death sentence against Luis Toledo.”
- In partnership with the Florida Humanities Council, Stetson University will be presenting “The Rivers Run To It.” The event is part of the Florida Humanities Speaker Series and will feature Jack Davis, Ph.D., posted by Capital Soup Nov. 1.
- Law Professor Ciara Torres-Spelliscy was quoted in the Nov. 1 The Globe and Mail Online article, “Mueller’s Russia investigation extends beyond collusion.”
Law Professor Rebecca Morgan wrote the Nov. 1 Elder Law Prof Blog post, “What is the Difference Between Original Medicare and Part C?” Professor Morgan also wrote the Oct. 31 Elder Law Prof Blog post, “Continuum of Housing for Adults with Special Needs.” She also wrote the Oct. 30 Elder Law Prof Blog post, “Living Alone, Frail, and Needing to Evacuate.” Professor Morgan also wrote the Oct. 27 Elder Law Prof Blog post, “Oregon-Just Click for POLST.”
- Law Professor Jason Bent is quoted in the Nov. 1 Penny Hoarder article, “Sexual Harassment and the Gig Economy: Here’s What You Need to Know.”
- Stetson University was featured in the article, “Indiana, Oklahoma, and Purdue Universities Choose Matrox Encoders,” posted by Creative Cow and other outlets Oct. 27.
- Stetson University’s educational leadership program was mentioned in the article, “Former Marine Brings Real-World Lessons to Mainland Engineering Classes,” posted by the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online Oct. 30.
- Stetson University was mentioned in the article, “Salt Life, Beach Life, Maronda Homes Life,” posted by Benzinga and several other outlets Oct. 31.
- Stetson University was mentioned in the article, “Drawing on Ferocious Spirit: Inky Brittany,” posted by The Creative Coast Oct. 30.
- Adjunct Professor Ashley Moody was featured in the Oct. 31 Florida Politics Blog post, “Clay County Sheriff latest to back Ashley Moody for AG.”
- Stetson University’s chamber ensemble homecoming concert was mentioned in The Daytona Beach News-Journal Online Nov. 1.
- Stetson University alumna Jackie Ramsey was featured in the article, “Patricia Bowen-Painter of SunRidge Middle is OCPS Principal of the Year,” posted by West Orlando News Online Oct. 30.
- Law alumnus Antonio Viera was named partner of the Law Firm of Carlson, Meissner, Hart, & Haysleet, P.A. WFMJ-TV Online featured this promotion on Oct. 30.
- Law alumna Genevieve Whitaker was featured in the Oct. 31 St. Croix Source article, “Genevieve Whitaker Selected to Attend Inaugural Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago.”
- Law alumnus Cameron Hall was mentioned in the Oct. 31 Tampa Bay Newswire article, “Holland & Knight Welcomes New Associates in Tampa.”
- Stetson University graduate Camille Angel was featured in the article, “4 Students Awarded IMAC Scholarships,” posted by Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce Nov. 1.
- Law alumna Natalie Yello has joined GrayRobinson, according to a Nov. 2 news announcement.