Stetson University in the News, July 7-13
July 14, 2017
- Marcus Birkenmeyer, Florida veteran and Stetson University student, was featured in the article, “Gov. Scott Continues ‘Honoring Florida Veterans Tour’ in Cocoa,” posted by Capital Soup July 7. Birkenmeyer was also featured in the July 8 Florida Today article, “Veterans Honored for Their Service.”
- Richard Medlin, Ph.D., professor of psychology at Stetson University, was featured in the blog article, “Homeschooling and Socialization,” which quoted Medlin’s detailed summary of academic research done on homeschoolers and homeschooled students, posted by Proslogion July 6.
- Michael Denner, Ph.D., professor of Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies at Stetson University, was featured in the article, “Young DeLand Entrepreneurs Add Vibrancy to Thriving Downtown,” posted by The Daytona Beach News-Journal July 6.
- According to the article, “New Stetson University Building Wins State Award for Sustainability,” the Florida Planning and Zoning Association named Stetson University’s Marshall & Vera Lea Rinker Welcome Center the 2017 Outstanding Sustainability Project, posted by One News Page and several other outlets July 10.
- The July 12 True Viral News quoted Law Professor Ciara Torres-Spelliscy in the news article, “Fox News Host’s Mostly False Claim Collusion Isn’t a Crime.”
- David Sawyer, graduate of Stetson University and founder of TSOLife, an online storytelling company, was featured in the article, “Online Storytelling Platform Moves Home Base to Tampa,” posted by My Informs July 11.
- The July 12 Northern Kentucky Tribune quoted Law Professor Peter Lake in the article, “David Armstrong: Thomas More College to Host Compliance Conference Amid Changing Landscape.”
- Law Professor Charles Rose was quoted in the July 11 Politifact article, “Richard Corcoran fails to prove claim that Miami judge Milton Hirsch ‘Constantly Overturned.'” The July 13 Watertown Daily Times quoted Law Professor Charles Rose in the news story, “Massena Town Supervisor Wants Three Individuals Banned from Massena.”
- Law Professor Rebecca Morgan was quoted in the July Kiplinger Report article, “Beware Fraudsters When You Go Online.” She wrote the July 13 Elder Law Prof Blog, “If 60 is the New ’40’ is to the New 60?” She wrote the July 10 Elder Law Prof Blog, “New Report: Restoration of Rights: Adult Guardianship.” She wrote the July 10 Elder Law Prof Blog, “In Memory of Alfred ‘Chip’ Chiplin.” She wrote the July 10 Elder Law Prof Blog, “New Report: Restoration of Rights: Adult Guardianship.” She wrote the July 9 Elder Law Prof Blog, “Medicaid and Veterans.” She wrote the July 7 Elder Law Prof Blog, “Sicker Medicare Beneficiaries and Original Medicare.”
- Stetson University Law was featured in the July 7 PublicNow article, “Stetson Law School Gets New Marketing Director.”
- The July 7 Jamaica Observer reported that Stetson Distinguished International Fellow Senator A.J. Nicholson has been named officer emeritus of the People’s National Party.
- Mark Nye, graduate of Stetson University, was featured in the article, “CFO of the Year: Turning a Turnaround Effect into Lasting Success,” posted by Charlotte Business Journal July 7.
- The July 7 State Capital News Feed and SaintPetersBlog mentioned Law alumna Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi in the article, “New to the Campaign Trail, Ashley Moody Fundraising Like a Veteran Pol; AG Candidate Raises $600K in First Month.”
- The July 5 Gunster website reported that Law alumna, adjunct law professor and “Former District Court of Appeals Judge Simone Marstiller Joins Gunster’s Appellate and Government Affairs Teas.”
- Casey B. Weade, Stetson University alumnus, wrote the article, “What’s the Most Important Factor in Keeping Retirement Money Safe?” posted by Life & Health Advisor – Online July 8.
- Athena Jeanne Hale, alumna of Stetson University, was featured in the article, “Atheist Delivers Invocation in DeLand (FL): We Hold ‘Dignity in Our Own Hands,’ ” posted by Freethought July 8.
- The July 9 Palm Beach Post reported that Law alumnus Greg Huber was installed as president-elect of the Palm Beach County Bar Association for 2017-18.
- The July 10 Nixon Peabody reported that Law alumna Angela Cottrell joined the Nixon Peabody corporate practice.
- The July 11 Plus Company Updates ran a profile of Law alumnus Thomas A. James, chairman of Raymond James.
- William “Bill” Higginbotham II, graduate of Stetson University, was featured in the article, “Profile of William ‘Bill’ Higginbotham II, Enterprise Vice President of Nemours Foundation,” posted by Plus Company Updates (PCU) July 11.
- The July 11 Our Town Florida profiled Law alumna Elle Rudisull’s campaign for state representative, District 37.
- Law alumna Taylor Parker was recently hired at Ringling College of Art & Design as their Compliance Officer and Title IX Coordinator, according to LinkedIn.