Stetson University in the News, Aug. 26-Sept. 1
September 2, 2016
- K.C. Ma, Ph.D., professor of finance and Roland George chair of applied investments, was quoted in the article “7 Pharma Stocks and the Prognosis for Profits” posted by U.S. News & Reporting, Yahoo! Finance and several other outlets, Aug. 31. Ma also was quoted in the article “Biotech Leads the Way in Health Care Stocks to Boost 401(k) Returns” posted by The Street, Canton Rep, Trenton News-Herald and several other outlets, Aug. 31.
- Law Associate Dean Michael Allen is quoted in the Tampa Bay Times article, “Leaders Seek Zika Help.”
- Stetson has designed a new safety app to keep users safe on campus detailed in the article “New Stetson Safety App Ready For Iphone And Android Users” posted by Public Now, Aug. 29.
- Stetson’s Hand Art Center will host a new exhibit, detailed in the article “Aquiferious” posted by Public Now, Aug. 30.
- Stetson’s Hand Art Center was featured in Orlando Sentinel’s “Freebie Friday,” posted Aug. 26.
- The Aug. 25 24/7 News Release reports that College of Law alumni are among the Best Lawyers in America “Lawyer of the Year” list.
- Andy Dehnart, M.F.A., visiting assistant professor of journalism, posted a new article, “Jessie Graff makes American Ninja Warrior history again,” on his website Reality Blurred, Aug. 29.
- According to the Aug. 28 Sarasota Herald-Tribune, after a year at Louisville Law School, student Michelle Grantham has resumed her studies at Stetson Law.
- According to the Legal Section of the Aug. 28 Tampa Bay Times, Christopher Delp has joined the firm of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, Tampa.
- According to the Aug. 29 Tallahassee Democrat, Maj. Stephen Hurm, who has a long resume as a law enforcement officer and attorney, has been named general counsel of the Leon County Sheriff’s Office.
- The Aug. 31 Pensacola News-Journal reports that Charles S. Liberis founder of Liberis Law Firm, was selected for inclusion in the forthcoming Top Attorneys of North America 2016-17 edition of Who’s Who Directories.
- The Aug. 27 Plus Company Updates profiles double Hatter William J. Voges of First Financial Bankshares, who joined the board in 2008 and serves on the corporation’s Compensation and Employee Benefits, Governance and Nominating Committees as well as the Bank’s Loan Committee.
- The Aug. 29 Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports that Nicole Davis has joined the Ruth Law Firm.
- According to the Aug. 27 24/7 Press Releases, Cynthia Riddell of Riddell Law Group in Sarasota, Fla., was a speaker at the 36th Annual Legislative and Case Law Update Seminar presented by the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section (RPPTL), the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law PAC and the RPPTL-PAC.
- The Aug. 27 Florida Times-Union Jacksonville “Area Golf Notebook” reports that Troy Smith has received his “blue coat” after being named to the Players Championship volunteer leadership team as a vice-chairman.
- According to PRBuzz, Mark Boyle is speaking at the 2016 CLM National Construction Claims Conference Sept. 28-30 in San Diego, California.
- Jason Gunther will be speaking at the 2016 CLM National Construction Claims Conference in San Diego, California, Sept. 28-30, according to PRBuzz.