Stetson University in the News, July 29-Aug. 4
August 5, 2016
- Law Professor Peter Lake is quoted in the July 31 Chronicle of Higher Education article, “What the Future Holds for the Federal Crackdown on Campus Sexual Assault.”
- News of Law Professor Ciara Torres-Spelliscy’s new book, Corporate Citizen?, has run in more than 40 media outlets via the Aug. 3, 24/7 newswire.
- K. C. Ma, Ph.D., professor of finance and Roland George chair of applied investments, was quoted in the article “Olympic Stocks: 5 Companies Betting Big on Rio,” in U.S. News & World Report, Yahoo! Finance and other media outlets on Aug. 3. Ma also was quoted in the article “Tesla Earnings Disappoint, but Future Looks Bright (TSLA),” in U.S. News & World Report, Yahoo! Finance and other media outlets, Aug. 3. In addition, Ma was featured in “5 Stocks Wall Street Is Watching This Week: PFE TSLA SQ FIT BRK.B” posted by U.S. News & World Report, Aug. 1.
- Chris Ferguson, Ph.D., associate professor and chair of psychology, was quoted in the article “Sex on TV: Less impact on teens than you might think” posted by News Times, Stamford Advocate and several other outlets on Aug. 1.
- Kathy Jo Piechura-Couture, Ph.D., professor of education and research faculty of the Nina B. Hollis Institute of Educational Reform, was quoted in the article “Troubled Teachers,” posted by Fort Myers Florida Weekly, Aug. 3.
- Stetson was credited with helping to make DeLand an “artist’s haven” in the article “How Art Critics Create Community,” on News Geography, Aug. 2.
- Stetson student Johnny Pingshaw was quoted about his military training in the article “MCLX challenges cadets in tactical environment” on The Gold Standard, July 28.
- In a July 31 South Florida Sun-Sentinel feature about the Broward Education Foundation Wilnar Julmiste describes how a scholarship helped her 16 years ago.
- Tim Callahan has been named a principal at Avison Young in Tampa where he will lead the firm’s capital markets expansion. The article “Promotions and appointments at Tech Data, Marxent among Tampa Bay movers and shakers” was reported by Tampa Bay Times, July 30.
- College of Law Hall of Fame inductee Matt Towery is mentioned on the July 31 WAGATV The Georgia Gang program.
- Jason Maughan was interviewed for his own profile, “Jason Maughan: Florida State Senate, Dist. 27 candidate” posted on News-Press, July 29, and quoted in the article “Water crisis, son drive Maughan of Sanibel,” also posted by News-Press, July 31.
- Cary Rada is featured in an Aug. 2 Daily Commercial article about the life experiences that prepared him to be a judge.
- Susan Webb-Curtis was featured in the article “Third-Quarter Women’s Council Presentation To Discuss ‘Your Online Brand,” posted by The Chattanoogan, Aug. 1.
- Tamela I. Perdue is leaving the Associated Industries of Florida for Sunshine Health, one of the “largest health care plans in Florida,” according to the Aug. 4 SaintPetersBlog and State Capital News Feed.