Stetson University in the News, June 24-30
July 1, 2016
- K. C. Ma, Ph.D., professor of finance and Roland George chair of applied investments, was quoted in the article “Why Warren Buffett Snapped Up Apple Stock (AAPL)’” posted by U.S. News & World Report, Yahoo! Finance and 6 other outlets on June 23.
- Law professor Ciara Torres-Spelliscy’s opinion article “Cutting Corners in a Federal Campaign is Criminal” appears on The Hill.
- In January 2017, Stetson will offer a new program to help people who never finished a four-year degree earn their Bachelor of Arts. The article, “New Program at Stetson University Helps Adults Finish Degree” was posted by several outlets, including Benzinga, Wave 3 News and 34 other outlets on June 29.
- K. C. Ma, Ph.D., professor of finance and Roland George chair of applied investments, was also quoted in the article “How 7 Big-Box Retail Stocks Are Faring” posted by Yahoo! Finance and 5 other outlets on June 24.
- Law Adjunct Professor Miles Zaremski spoke with the Tampa Bay Times for the June 27 article, “Supreme Court’s abortion ruling could affect new Florida law.” The Miami Herald also picked up the article.
- Chris Colwell, Ed.D., associate professor and chair of education, gave his opinion in the article “Amid dispute with teachers, Volusia district looking to hire more” posted by The Daytona Beach News-Journal, June 24.
- Hari Pulapaka, Ph.D., math professor and the James Beard-nominated chef and co-owner of the award-winning Cress Restaurant in DeLand, wrote an article for Tampa Bay Times called “Orlando chef Hari Pulapaka talks about difference between gnocchi and gnudi,” June 27.
- The Stetson University Concert Choir participated in a benefit performance called Beautiful Together on June 28, reported in the article “Additional Arts Groups Join BEAUTIFUL TOGETHER Benefit Lineup at Dr. Phillips Center Tomorrow” posted by Broadway World on June 27.
- Stetson was mentioned in the article “Stetson acquires vacant gas station at south end of campus” posted by The Daytona Beach News-Journal, June 26.
- Stetson’s “American Painting & Florida School of Art” exhibit in the Hand Art Center was listed by Orlando Sentinel as a place to visit in their article “Freebie Friday,” June 24.
- Law Professor Ellen Podgor is quoted in the June 27 Instapundit, “Ellen Podgor at the White Collar Crime Blog: Should Governor McDonnell’s Case Be Retried?”
- Law Professor Louis Virelli appeared on Bay News 9 on June 27 in an interview about his new book, “ Disqualifying the High Court.” Virelli also is quoted in the June 27 Tampa Bay Times article, “Romano: Florida’s abortion con artists put on notice by Supreme Court.” Virelli’s new book, Disqualifying the High Court, is mentioned in the Faculty Lounge.
- Law Adjunct Professor Adam Levine is quoted in the June 27 Florida Politics story, “Supreme Court abortion decision could affect Florida.”
- Former Stetson Dean, Dr. Sonel Y. Shropshire, is working to make education more diverse according to “In Wake of SCOTUS College Admissions Ruling, Shropshire University Makes Impact with Master’s in Multicultural Relations, Business Administration and Other Concentrations” posted by Spoke, Virtual-Strategy Magazine and 5 other outlets on June 27.
- Kathy Jo Piechura-Couture, Ph.D., professor of education and researcher on the Nina B. Hollis Institute of Educational Reform, is featured as a guest in the article “Teacher Retention and Recruitment: Challenges and Opportunities” posted by WJCT on June 29.
- United States Senator Max Cleland was commemorated in the article “Congressmen Bishop Sponsors Legislation to Honor Former Georgia Senator Max Cleland” posted by U.S. Representative – Georgia, June 24.
- F&M Trust named Dallas Zulli assistant vice president in the article “Newsmakers: Fulton Financial Corp. names president of SBA-related lending” posted by Central Penn Business Journal, June 24.
- Clearwater attorney Andrew Sasso received the Tony Boggs Excellence in Discipline Award at The Florida Bar’s 66th Annual Convention at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Florida according to the June 28 Florida Bar.
- The June 24 Cape Coral Daily News reported that Kayla Richmond received the Outstanding Alumni Representative Award from Stetson. Richmond’s news is also listed in US Official News, PR.com and Contacto Latino.
- Medisa Memic is the newest attorney at the law offices of McIntyre Thanasides Bringgold Elliott Grimaldi & Guito, P.A.
- Gregory W. Coleman has been appointed by the Florida Supreme Court to the board of The Florida Bar Foundation.