Stetson University In the News, Sept. 18-24
• William Andrews, Ph.D., associate professor of Management and chair of the Department of International Business, provided commentary regarding China on trade, as reported by CBS Money Watch on Sept. 23.
• Chris Ferguson, Ph.D., associate professor and co-chair of Psychology, was one of a select group of experts who provided his expertise in a report issued by the American Psychological Association (APA) speaking against “a consistent relation between violent video game use and heightened aggressive behavior,” as reported by Before It’s News and Reason.com on Sept. 18.
• The Sept. 21 Columbia Spectator quotes Law Professor Peter Lake in the article, “Columbia looks to DOMA attorney in Nungesser case for victory in court of public opinion.” On Sept. 17, the Harvard Crimson quoted Professor Lake in the article, “As Khurana Meets With Final Clubs, He Has Many Options.”
• On Sept. 18, the TimesUnion and several national sources reported that Stetson Law student Samantha R. Sobel won first place in the Yanez & Associates Law Scholarship Essay Contest and Scholarship Program for her paper, “Should parents convicted of domestic violence have their parental rights terminated?”
• Dean Emeritus and Distinguished University Professor Lizabeth Moody is featured in the Sept. 11 Yale Law News. The Lizabeth A. Moody Seminar Room was dedicated at Stetson on Aug. 28.
• On Sept. 20, The Tampa Bay Newswire reported that Law alumna Jacqueline Prats joins Trenam’s St. Petersburg Office.
• The Sept. 22 JDSupra reported that Associate Dean Michael Allen presented for Constitution Day.
• Stetson graduate student Abby Saxastar was featured in the Sept. 18 article “How one high schooler made $80K for college (without getting a job)” on WJW-TV, WXIN-TV, WPIX-TV, and almost 100 other news outlets.
Alumni in the News:
• Stetson alumnus Casey B. Weade was recently featured in LifeHealthPro.com’s “30 under 30: Meet the millennials who are transforming the insurance industry,” as reported by Bloomberg Business, Finanz Nachrichten, Yahoo Finance, and 20 other news outlets on Sept. 18.
• On Sept. 23, Stetson alumnus Jay Hurst was featured in the Bloomington Scene for his work Still Lives on orchestra.
• On Sept. 21, The Tampa Bay Newswire reported that Law alumna Rhea F. Law received the Deans Award for her support USF’s College of Pharmacy.
• According to the Sept. 23 LawFirmNewswire, veteran business aviation attorneys Stewart H. Lapayowker and Law alumnus Scott Burgess announced the formation of Lapayowker Burgess LLP.
• Stetson alumna Kimberly Haggard was featured in the First Coast News article “Like Live Music? Check Out Space Coast Music Fest” on Sept. 17.