Stetson University In the News March 27-April 1, 2015
April 1, 2015
The following stories about Stetson University were in the news, March 27-April 1, 2015:
- The Orlando Sentinel included Stetson University in the article listing the 10 best Pac-Man Google Maps boards in Central Florida, on Mar. 31.
- Matt Forkas, a senior at Stetson University, finds hope in connecting cancer patients with classes, according to The Daytona Beach News-Journal on Mar. 29.
- Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, professor of law, is quoted in the Mar. 31 Slate article, How the Founder of the Fugees Became a Big-Time Political Donor Without Anyone Knowing. Torres-Spelliscy is also quoted in The Center for Public Integrity article, Rapper-backed group illustrates blind spot in political transparency.
- Peter Lake, professor of law, spoke with Yale Daily News for the Mar. 26 article entitled, Withdrawal policies spark questions of access.
- Every third Saturday through April, the Museum of Art in DeLand with the help of Stetson University volunteers host free family fun, as reported in the Daytona Beach News Journal on Mar. 27.
- 4-traders.com published the Mar. 26 article, Wal Mart Stores: Studies Conducted at Stetson University on Law Reviews Recently Reported (Hidden Priors: Toward A Unifying Theory Of Systemic Disparate Treatment Law).
- Pub Memo mentioned Mar. 26 that Stetson Law students were among other law school students who went to an event organized by Manasota Trial Lawyers Board featuring guest speaker defense attorney Mark O’Mara.
Alumni in the news
- Multiple news outlets including the San Francisco Gate reported that Ryan Carbery was named Managing Escrow Officer for North American Title Branch in Clermont, Florida on Mar. 30.
- The Courier-Journal reported that Michelle Morley is overseeing the hearing regarding the confrontation between Judge John C. Murphy and Andrew Weinstock on Mar. 30.
- Spanish.peopledaily.com reported Marielisa Quintero was appointed as a new superintendent by the President of Panama on Mar. 30.
- On Mar. 30, the Tampa Bay Business Journal reported that Stephanie Dominguez is a new hire at Gallagher & Associates Law Firm PA.
- On Mar. 29, The Tampa Tribune mentioned Frank Quesada for his involvement in the Terri Schiavo case.
- On Mar. 28, the Tallahasse Democrat published a story on Lila Jaber.
- PRLog reported that James Vickaryous was selected as one of the top attorneys in the nation by National Association of Distinguished Counsel on Mar. 26.