Executive Officer for Diversity, Collaboration and Inclusion
The Office of the Executive Officer for Diversity, Collaboration and Inclusion is dedicated to promoting Stetson University's commitment to inclusive excellence throughout the student and employee experience.
In this university-wide role, the Executive Officer champions the value of a diverse and inclusive environment and works in concert with experts across the university's three campuses (the DeLand campus and the College of Law's Gulfport and Tampa campuses) to create opportunities for collaboration and outcomes around diversity, equity and inclusion. As a university community, we aim to amplify Stetson's exceptional focus on a personalized educational and working environment where all community members can thrive as their authentic selves.
Learn more about Carmen Johnson, Esq., Stetson University's Executive Officer for Diversity, Collaboration and Inclusion.
Our Work Together
The Stetson community is fortunate to have a wealth of administrative, faculty and student leaders who are passionate about the shared ownership and expertise it takes to foster an inclusive intellectual environment that proactively supports the unique needs for each community member. In close collaboration with these partners, the Executive Officer's primary responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the university's campus climate initiatives and campus climate survey processes
- Coordinating with the President's Office and President's Cabinet to amplify and develop diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in support of the university's strategic plan
- Operationalizing university-wide resources and frameworks to support campus diversity leaders in their respective areas of focus (student services, academic services, or employee services)
- Broadening inclusive collaboration opportunities across the university's three campuses
- Offering guidance on inclusive and equitable best practices for employee and student initiatives/policies
Highlights of Ongoing Collaborative Projects (2021-2023):
- Campus Climate Action Plan
- Cultural Celebration Frameworks
- Inclusive Hiring Guidelines (Staff and Faculty)
- DEI communications strategy throughout the Stetson community
- University's Diversity Committee - Equity & Inclusion Strategy Group
» Visit Stetson University's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Portal
» Visit the College of Law's Diversity Initiatives Page
Location and Office Hours
Our office is based on the College of Law's campuses in Gulfport and Tampa during regular business hours. The Executive Officer also has dedicated monthly office hours on the DeLand campus in DeLand Hall and the Carlton Union Building (CUB).
To request a one-on-one virtual or in-person meeting, or a collaborative group meeting/presentation, please email [email protected].
Spring 2023 In-Person Office Hours - DeLand Campus
While we aim for consistency, our DeLand office hours are subject to change due to varying needs across Stetson's campuses. Please check the DeLand campus event calendar for the most updated information.
- January 23 - 25 | 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. | CUB 228
- February 20 - 22 | 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. | CUB 228
- March 27 - 29 | 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. | CUB 228
- April 24 - 26 | 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. | CUB 228