Overseas Insurance Coverage

Stetson requires that all students participating in a university study abroad program obtain adequate travel insurance for the duration of their stay abroad.

An Overseas Accident and Sickness Insurance and Crisis Management assistance is automatically provided through CHUBB/Ace American Insurance Company for those students participating in Exchange, Semester Study Abroad programs and Faculty-led, course-related overseas programs. Please see the Overseas Information and Links below, and download the Insurance Card to take with you while traveling.

Chubb Travel Accident and Sickness Plan Forms, Overseas Travel Card and Coverage Summary:

Note: Stetson does not provide personal property insurance for students while attending the University, nor for travelers while on a University-sponsored trip. Students and travelers are responsible for securing such insurance if they want to cover their valuable personal property (such as laptops, phones & other items). The URMIA Student Property Insurance can provide coverage to your personal property on campus and while abroad. To find out more, visit URMIA Student Property Insurance.

Faculty and Staff traveling on a course-related overseas program or on approved overseas university business are also automatically covered under the Overseas Accident & Sickness Insurance coverage and Voluntary Compensation (worker’s compensation) coverage provided they notify the Office of Risk Management at least 15 days in advance of the trip. Please contact the Office of Risk Management for more information on faculty and staff insurance programs. The Office of Risk Management can be reached at (386) 822-7701 or [email protected]