Before gaining access to use WebGarage, you'll need to be trained in how to use it. There are two options for training:
- Attend a Level 1 training session. Sessions are held on the first Thursday of every month. Fill out a training request form to attend.
- Get trained by someone who's already been trained and who's willing to show you how to use it.
All users require training in using WebGarage before becoming a user. Though we allow training to be conducted by someone in your department, we prefer that you schedule a training session. In addition to training on how to use WebGarage, you will also receive an overview of how to prepare great web content and have the opportunity to receive in-depth answers to your questions.
WebGarage training sessions are offered on an as-needed basis. To request training, complete and submit the WebGarage Training Request form, please specify.
Level 1 – Beginner
- These training sessions are for those with little to no experience on WebGarage. The session covers the overall knowledge needed to write content and edit web pages on the designated website. These sessions are held regularly within the first week of each month. Web Services will contact you in case of any schedule changes. When scheduling this session, please allow an hour and a half of your time for training.
Level 2 – Intermediate
- These training sessions are more extensive in terms of using specific content layout functions. Web Services will schedule a meeting with you and your division directly once a form is submitted.
Level 3 – Advanced
- These training sessions are intended for those who will be joining University Marketing to use WebGarage on a constant basis.
Please watch our training video on YouTube to learn more about WebGarage.