May 2017 Business and Finance, E5
E5, Envision, Build and Adapt Technology:
Information Technology (IT)
Improved areas of collaboration (One Stetson-One IT) with the consolidation of various functions and identification of functional leads and teams.
IT – DeLand and Celebration Campuses
- Improved Internet connection to 1,000Mbps. Residential halls to 25Mbps.
- Replaced old wireless access points around campus.
- As part of our Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solution, we selected Amazon Web Services as our cloud vendor.
- Following best practices in security, updates on servers and reporting of events and firewall status have been automated.
Enterprise Information Systems:
- Starting May 2017, MyStetson will be available for users authorized by the students to view specific information, sign up for payment plans and make bill payments.
- The Banner system is being upgraded to its new major release with a go-live planned for summer 2018.
- Capabilities to new and key spaces (Presentation room, meeting room, classrooms, etc.) to enable Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).
- Successful end to championship Women's Basketball broadcasts and tournament
- Non-athletic events: Shooting and editing "Sustainable Stetson" video series with Marketing Office; “Stetson Pride" announcement; and "Provost/Inclusion Message."
Online Learning and Educational Technology:
- Summer 2017 online course incentive program in progress. All summer online courses are required to use the Blackboard learning management system for delivery, to clearly denote any required synchronous online class meetings in course descriptions, and to utilize Stetson's online course template structure.
- Pilot implementation for Honorlock, an online proctoring solution.
- Ensemble, our new video management platform, is expected to be fully available for fall 2017. End-user training plan is in development.
IT – College of Law (Gulfport and Tampa Campuses)
- Network Upgrades: The Florin Roebig Courtroom network was upgraded to faster equipment. The first floor of the law library was upgraded to 1000mb.
Media Services – College of Law (Gulfport and Tampa Campuses)
- Provided AV tech and production support for 70+ major live events.
- Averaged 65-70 general campus recordings per week during the past semester.