Staff Advisory Council
Stetson administrators created the Staff Advisory Council in May 2017, in response to the 2016 Rankin and Associates Campus Climate Survey. This survey showed that the Stetson staff viewed the University as a good place to work, however, the staff also noted some areas for possible improvement. The staff said they would like clearer procedures for career advancement. They raised concerns about their compensation. They sometimes felt treated like "second-class citizens," and they would like a greater voice in University decisions.
The Staff Advisory Council works on behalf of the 522 full-time and part-time staff members at the DeLand campus and Center at Celebration to address the above issues and to voice the thoughts and recommendations for change with senior administrators. Already, the Council has been meeting to set priorities and that's where we need your help. We want to hear your thoughts and suggestions. By gathering input from a wide cross-section of the DeLand and Celebration staff – hourly workers, exempt workers, new employees and longtime employees, for example, the Staff Advisory Council will carry greater weight in advocating for change with senior administrators.
As the council begins its second year, we would like to highlight the New Faculty and Staff publication distributed at the opening faculty/staff meeting and also the activities of the Council as highlighted in the Staff Advisory Council Yearly Recap and Look Forward for 2018-2019.
Please contact any of the members of the Staff Advisory Council with your thoughts and suggestions, or email your suggestions to email@example.com. Your comments will remain anonymous. The Staff Advisory Council members are:
- Lt. Ray Almodovar, Office of Public Safety, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext. 27314.
- Don Burrhus, Director of User Services, Office of Information Technology, email@example.com, Ext. 27217.
- Mark Ernest, Director of Sustainable Giving, Office of Donor Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext. 27294.
- Sandee Farrington, Special Assistant to the Provost, email@example.com, Ext. 28859.
- Meredith Kent, Associate Director of Communications and Operations, Office of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext. 27564.
- Cory Lancaster, Director of Internal Communications, University Marketing, email@example.com, Ext. 27215.
- Aracely Miranda, Custodian, Custodial Services-DeLand, Facilities Management, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elise Paulson, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance, email@example.com, Ext. 27490
- Jeanne Peterson, Executive Assistant to the Dean of the School of Music, School of Music, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext. 28960
- Chad Richards, Grounds Maintenance Worker & Integrated Pest Management and Landscape Technician, Facilities Management, email@example.com, Ext. 28805.
- John Sheehy, Career Development Coordinator, Career and Professional Development, School of Business Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext. 27385.
- Drew Macan, Associate Vice President for Human Resources and Deputy Title IX Coordinator, email@example.com, Ext. 27472, Ex-Officio