Campus visits are restricted to necessary visitors only. The university cabinet remains responsible for defining what is a necessary visitor for their areas. Questions on what is necessary in each division, school and college should be directed to the supervising university cabinet member.
Campus hosts are responsible for communicating the current visitor policy to their guests prior to the guest's arrival on campus. This includes informing visitors that they will not be permitted on campus if they are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms or have a known COVID-19 exposure.
"Visitors" refers to all guests of the university, other than postal carriers/delivery drivers and external vendors who are permanently assigned to work at a Stetson campus. The following rules apply to all visitors and are effective Aug. 24:
All visitors must check-in at a centralized location and show a valid photo ID.
DeLand visitor check-in locations are:
- Rinker Welcome Center – Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Public Safety – Saturday and Sunday, 24 hours; Monday - Friday, before and after business hours
- Facilities Management - M-F, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. This location is for facilities contractors and facilities employees only.
Gulfport Campus visitor check-in location is:
- Horseshoe – Sunday: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; Monday: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.; Tuesday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Please visit the Office of Public Safety for check-in when the Horseshoe Wellness Station is closed.
Tampa Law Center visitors shall check in at the Public Safety desk. Hours are Monday: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Tuesday: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Wednesday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
A COVID-19 screening, including a brief questionnaire and a non-invasive temperature check, is required for all visitors. The questionnaire responses will be reviewed and compared to the current screening rubric. If a visitor indicates potential COVID-19 symptoms or potential COVID-19 exposure, they will be asked to leave campus. Campus staff will record the visitor's name, contact information, and the name of their campus host. Visitors will receive day badges or wristbands and are required to display them on their person. Badges or wristbands will be color-coded by day.
All visitors to campus buildings are required to practice physical distancing including:
- Staying at least 6 feet (about two arms' length) from other people whenever possible.
- Not gathering in groups larger than 10 at the College of Law and 30 at the DeLand Campus.
- Wearing masks or face coverings on all Stetson University campuses, including in all indoor and outdoor spaces.
If visitors experience COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms while on campus, please contact Stetson Health Service in DeLand during business hours at 386-822-8150 and Public Safety in DeLand after hours at 386-822-7300. At the Tampa Law Centers and Gulfport Campus, please contact Public Safety any time at 727-343-1262.