Off-Campus Educational Programs
An important part of Stetson’s overall educational experience is student participation in experiential learning activities (e.g., internships, externships, field experiences, practicums, clinicals) at off-campus sites. For the Fall 2020 semester, in all cases where it is possible, these experiences should either be completed virtually or take place on campus. Special consideration will be given to students enrolled in off-campus educational programs needed to fulfill major, minor, graduation and/or licensure requirements. For these situations, students will be allowed to participate in an off-campus program if the learning objectives of the program cannot be met through alternative means and the program cannot be postponed to a future semester. If a student does participate in an off-campus program this fall, the following requirements must be adhered to:
- Be aware of safety and health guidelines regarding COVID-19 provided by Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Florida Department of Health.
- Follow all Stetson requirements as outlined in the student COVID-19 training video, such as wearing face coverings, physical distancing and proper hygiene practices. Students should also follow any additional safety protocols deemed necessary by their host sites. See Stetson Safer Campus webpage for continuing guidance and updates regarding safety protocols at off-campus sites
- Review and sign a COVID-19 “Acknowledgement of Risk Form” before participating in an off-campus educational program. Forms should be returned to your program point person.
- Report any safety concerns about your host site immediately by emailing the “point person” for your respective program and/or through the COVID-19 “Report a Concern” form.
- Follow Stetson’s Health Response Protocol if you come into direct or indirect contact with an individual(s) at your host site that tests positive for COVID-19.
- Voluntarily participate in regular COVID-19 diagnostic testing when offered at either the DeLand or Gulfport campuses.
- Students who are enrolled solely in online courses and not residing in campus communities should contact their program point person for further consideration and planning relating to their off-campus experience.
- Contact the point person for your respective program if you are not comfortable participating in an off-campus educational program this semester, especially if needed for major, minor, graduation or licensure requirements. You should ask your department if there are other alternative virtual or on-campus experiences to satisfy the requirement. If no alternative arrangement can be made, students should consider how this decision will impact their timeline to graduation and/or licensure. Students should meet with their faculty adviser to review and update their timeline to graduation plan.
Point Person(s) Per Off-Campus Educational Program
Undergraduate For-Credit Internships * Required for Communication & Media Studies, Journalism, Aquatic & Marine Biology, Public Management and Human Resources
Non-Credit Internships for SOBA ELR
- John Tichenor, email@example.com
Undergraduate Education Field Experiences & Internships
Graduate Education Internships
Center for Community Engagement
- Kevin Winchell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Counselor Education Practicums and Internships
College of Law Externships and Clinicals
- Christine Cerniglia, email@example.com
Music Education Field Experiences and Internships
- John Lychner, firstname.lastname@example.org