DELAND CAMPUS IN TIER 3
Safer Campus Update, Jan. 26, 2022
- Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
- Community Transmission Rates
- Reporting and Contact Tracing
- On-Campus Testing
- Latest Testing Results
The federal government is now offering free at-home COVID-19 test kits through its website at COVIDtests.gov. Residential students are able to order using their Stetson address and specific unit number. People who have trouble ordering online can call a hotline at 1-800-232-0233 to order their free tests.
Please report any positive results using Stetson’s Report-It form.
The Omicron variant continues to be a major health concern; however, the Stetson community has worked diligently to minimize local COVID-19 transmission rates. Stetson began Spring 2022 in Tier 3 as part of the university’s prudent pandemic response and has managed to hold steady during a difficult time. Although we do not yet feel local conditions support a safe move to Tier 4 feasible, your exceptional efforts have ensured we remain open and healthy.
Please remember, facial coverings continue to be mandatory indoors. Ensure you are wearing a well-fitted mask correctly while attending all classes to protect yourself and others. Stetson’s Safer Campus Task Force will continue to review all available data in hopes of moving to a new tier with fewer restrictions should conditions improve.
All employees and students should report COVID-19-like symptoms using the Stetson’s Report-It form and isolate immediately to avoid potentially spreading the virus.
Stetson contact tracers are working hard to help keep our community safe during the Omicron surge. Please ensure your contact information is accurate and make yourself available if you might be needed. Your answering of contact tracing phone calls and providing any required information is greatly appreciated and impacts the health and safety of our community.
Employees should contact Human Resources to update their contact information.
On-campus SalivaDirect PCR-based COVID-19 testing is free for students, faculty and staff with a Stetson ID and no insurance is required. Below are the ongoing testing dates and registration links for Spring 2022. Testing will be provided every other Tuesday 8:30-9:30 p.m. and Wednesdays 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. in the CUB Faculty/Staff Lounge.
- Wednesday, Feb. 2 – Register
- Tuesday, Feb. 8 (evening testing) – Register
- Wednesday, Feb. 9 – Register
Asymptomatic On-Campus Testing
- Jan. 19 – On-campus voluntary testing results: 162 tests, 18 positive, 11.11% positive
- Jan. 10-18 – 79 PCR tests of student-athletes and Athletics staff, 5 positive, 6.33% positive
- Jan.12 – On-campus voluntary testing results: 124 tests, 10 positive, 8.06% positive
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
QUESTIONS ABOUT COVID-19
Use the COVID-19 Report a Concern Form.
If you're a journalist with a question, please email Media Relations at [email protected]
College of Law
What you need to know now:
Announcing Expansion of Rec Facilities Hours starting Nov. 1
- Expand Gym Hours
- 7 a.m. – Midnight/7 days a week
- Students, faculty, and staff access via card swipe (no guests are allowed – only current faculty, staff, students with Stetson COL ID)
- Honor system when gym staff not on duty – please physically distance and wipe down machines as they are used
- The gym will continue to have staff in the afternoons for those students/employees that like the supervision
- Field and Courts will stay the same
- Open the Pool on Weekends
- Hours TBD
- Yoga classes – will continue online for Fall semester
- Library Hours Update:
Gulfport Hours: Access for all faculty, students, and staff is 24/7
Circulation Desk Hours: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday – Friday; 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturdays; 12 noon to 5 p.m. Sundays
Tampa Law Library Hours: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Monday - Sunday
- NEW FAQs added about “what to do if… View FAQs
- Vaccine information: Pinellas county, Hillsborough county, Publix locations and CDR Health Patient Portal.
- Stetson requires face coverings while on campus. Read the policy.
- Visitors and guests must report to Public Safety to check-in.