Safer Stetson Tuition Awards
Stetson University is taking steps to ensure a healthy and safe campus environment leading into the Fall 2021 semester by encouraging vaccinations among the entire Stetson community. In addition, we are offering special opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students in DeLand and at the College of Law to benefit from voluntarily registering their COVID-19 vaccination through the confidential university online form.
As of Friday, June 4
More than 1,300 members of the Stetson community reported their completed vaccination, or approximately 28% and the university goal is 70-80% of the Stetson community. Reaching that level of vaccination would allow students to attend athletic games with friends, participate in Greek recruitment, attend large events like Homecoming, theater productions, Uncouth Hour, concerts and more.
For graduate and College of Law students reaching a higher level of vaccination allows for a return to more normal, face-to-face interactions, class sessions, conferences and competitions.
Stetson is offering two opportunities for new and returning undergraduate students to benefit by registering their vaccination with the university by Sunday, July 25.
- Stetson is offering a one-year, full tuition Safer Stetson Tuition Award for the 2021-2022 academic year for eligible, full-time, in-person students
- One tuition award to new, incoming, first year and transfer students.
- One tuition award to returning Stetson students.
- Runner up awards include tickets to either Universal Orlando or Disney World.
- Recipients will be announced live on Friday, July 30.
- Stetson is offering a weekly drawing for full-time, in-person new and returning undergraduate students for the Safer Stetson $1000 Award.
- Students who register their vaccination are eligible each week of the drawing, but can only win once.
- The first drawing is June 11 and it continues for eight weeks until July 30.
- Recipients are announced weekly.
- Runner up award is FREE annual parking pass for campus.
To be eligible, students must voluntarily register their completed vaccination (both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or 1 dose of 1-dose vaccine) by Sunday, July 25 through our online form. New first-year and transfer students also must be registered for class by Thursday, July 15.
New and returning graduate students who voluntarily register their vaccination and are planning to attend full-time, in-person classes at either the College of Law or the DeLand campus can choose to participate in weekly drawings for the Safer Stetson $1,000 Award. The award will be applied to student accounts in Fall 2021.
To be eligible, graduate students must register their completed vaccination (both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or 1 dose of 1-dose vaccine) by Sunday, July 25 through our online form. New, incoming graduate students also must be registered for class.
Weekly drawings start on Friday, June 11 and continue for eight weeks.
- Weekly drawings for $1,000 Safer Stetson Awards are open to all full-time graduate students attending in-person classes.
- For DeLand graduate students there is a weekly runner-up award of a FREE annual parking pass.
Looking for a vaccine provider? Visit the Safer Stetson Vaccination page or access the CDC’s find my vaccine link and type in your zip code. Learn more about this program at the Safer Stetson Awards page or review our awards specific FAQs.
FALL 2021 PLANNING
QUESTIONS ABOUT COVID-19
Use the COVID-19 Report a Concern Form.
If you're a journalist with a question, please email Media Relations at email@example.com
College of Law
What you need to know now:
- Library Summer Hours: Gulfport, Saturday, May 1:, CLOSED, Sunday, May 2: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., May 3 – August 7 - Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m., Saturdays: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m, Sundays: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. Tampa: Monday - Sunday: 7: a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Vaccine information: Pinellas county, Hillsborough county, Publix locations and CDR Health Patient Portal.
- COL classes start on Aug. 16. View the Academic Calendar for details.
- Stetson requires face coverings while on campus. Read the policy.
- All visitors are required to do a visitor screening. Visitors and guests must report to Public Safety to check-in.