Fall 2021 Planning
Rolks Report Live: Fall 2021 Preview
July 15, 2021, 5-6 p.m.
Stetson University President Christopher F. Roellke, PhD, hosted a preview webinar to provide information on the student experience in Fall 2021. The webinar included updates from Stetson’s Safer Campus Task Force about our move to Tier 4 and expectations for fall, information on our local COVID-19 rates and the Delta variant, mitigation protocols for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, the status of Stetson’s push to achieve a 70-80% vaccination rate, updates on housing and residential living and the results of the Safer Stetson Awards.
- Christopher F. Roellke, PhD, President and Professor of American Studies and Education
- Christopher J. Smith, M.D., Chief Medical Officer AdventHealth Daytona (local community COVID-19 rates, Delta variant)
- Ray Nault, Vice President for Enrollment Management (Safer Stetson Award winners, July 30 Facebook Live event)
- Lynn Schoenberg, Co-Interim VP of Campus Life and Student Success, Dean of Students and Co-chair of the Safer Campus Task Force (Vaccination rate, campus tier for opening)
- Larry Correll-Hughes, EdD, Co-Interim VP of Campus Life and Student Success, Assistant VP and Exec. Director of Residential Living and Learning, (Housing updates, changes, expectations)
Download the Tier 4 vs. 70% Vaccination Rate infographic.
- Noel Painter, PhD, Provost and EVP
- Bonisha Townsend-Porter, Director of Student Development and Campus Vibrancy
- Larry Correll-Hughes, EdD, Assistant Vice President of Campus Life and Student Success and Executive Director of Residential Living and Learning
- Ray Nault, Interim Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Mitchell Reddish, PhD, Professor of Religious Studies and Chair
- Julie Hunter, Director of University Events
In a March 10 message, President Christopher F. Roellke, PhD, called on the Stetson community to come together on March 18, for a COVID Remembrance to mark the one year anniversary of COVID-19’s impact on Stetson, and the health and safety of the entire university. He indicated the community should begin planning now for repopulation of the DeLand campus in late May in preparation for an on-campus, in-person Fall 2021.
In his March 10 message to the community, Provost Noel Painter, PhD, discussed the planning and work ahead as the university begins to move back to the high touch, high value, in-person educational experience Stetson is known for, including the academic calendar, course scheduling, classroom capacity planning and course registration. Course registration has been delayed by one week to Monday, April 5 for undergraduates. Graduate registration is unchanged.