DELAND CAMPUS IS CURRENTLY IN TIER 3
Employee Vaccination Milestone
Stetson University offers its appreciation to our remarkable faculty and staff for their tremendous efforts in meeting our Sept. 30 employee COVID-19 vaccination requirement. In the end, nearly 99.9% of the university's more than 800 full-time employees met the requirement. Thank you for your extraordinary effort in putting the health and safety of the Stetson community first and for providing our students with an unparalleled Stetson experience.
Part-time employees, including adjunct faculty members, as well as volunteers, are required to be fully vaccinated by the start of the Spring 2022 semester. Stetson is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy environment for all of our community.
DeLand Campus Moves to Tier 3 on Monday, Oct. 11
In our ongoing consideration of community physical and emotional health, Stetson University has determined the DeLand campus will move to Tier 3. This change will go into effect Monday, Oct. 11.
In determining whether to shift Tiers and what mitigants can be loosened due to vaccination numbers, the university considers many factors, including: the percentage of the Stetson community that has been vaccinated, community transmission rates, campus transmission rates, community positivity rates, and development of variants. This move allows for greater freedom and recognizes our campus community’s continued diligence and positive gains in the fight against COVID-19.
- Limited online teaching/learning available; in-person classes offered with physical distancing and required face coverings.
- Maintain physical distancing in shared workspaces.
- In-person registered events groups of up to 50 people with distancing. Virtual platforms and outdoor venues preferred.
- Break rooms, community kitchens and other common areas open to employees and residential students with posted capacity limits.
- Two Stetson guests with 6 feet distancing and face coverings required, non-Stetson visitors prohibited.
- One overnight Stetson guest permitted with face coverings unless sleeping (70% vaccination rate modification).
- Chapter Room membership access granted to identified chapter leadership members.
- Expanded use of recreation and indoor gym facilities with restrictions.
- Intercollegiate competitions in alignment with national governing body (NCAA, IRA) and regional conference (ASUN, Pioneer) guidance; limited indoor and outdoor spectator capacities.
More than 71% of Hatters have already reported being fully vaccinated and Stetson has championed multiple on-campus vaccinations events to help expedite these important steps in the continued fight against COVID-19. Stetson encourages you to get vaccinated, wear your mask and remain vigilant! Our continued success depends on each of us doing our part.
Stetson will continue to monitor local and national COVID-19 trends and review guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the American College Health Association and the Department of Health to help make decisions. For more information on Stetson’s phased approach, review Safer Stetson’s Tiers webpage.
Thank you, Hatters, for helping to ensure the health of our community!
FALL 2021 PLANNING
QUESTIONS ABOUT COVID-19
Use the COVID-19 Report a Concern Form.
If you're a journalist with a question, please email Media Relations at [email protected]
College of Law
What you need to know now:
- NEW FAQs added about “what to do if… View FAQs
- Library Hours:Gulfport hours: Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 12 a.m., Saturdays: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sundays: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., Tampa Law Library Hours: Monday - Sunday: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Vaccine information: Pinellas county, Hillsborough county, Publix locations and CDR Health Patient Portal.
- Stetson requires face coverings while on campus. Read the policy.
- Visitors and guests must report to Public Safety to check-in.